xix - after

♡♡♡
●WARREN POV●

Yesterday I got a phone call from a hospital.  Apparently I was the last listed emergency contact for Penelope. Something had happened . I'm not cold or void of emotion , afterall I did love her at one point . So I go to the hospital to find out what was going on .

I met her fiance,  a fellow in the finance world that I've run into a time or two . Very good guy from what I could tell . They wouldn't tell him anything but since I was her contact they told me . She had been very stressed the last few months and it turned out that she was very sick.

So sick that she neglected all her appointments with the doctor . They had given me her phone to hold onto and that's when I saw it . Outgoing and incoming phone calls from a familiar phone number .

I told him not to hurt Aria and then he pulls this? I thought he was over Penny but when she calls he comes running. I tried to call him and continued to call him throughout the evening to no avail . So as a last resort I pulled up the GPS tracker that I asked him to download. 

I found his location and decided to pay him a little visit . Pulling into a quaint little beach house I walked to the front door and rang the doorbell . I could hear Alex talking to someone and when he finally opened the door his face fell .

Over his shoulder I could see Aria in an oversized shirt and a tiny pair of shorts . My heart squeezed because I didn't want to say all this in front of her . I don't want her hurting over a man that clearly hasn't moved on from his ex.

It didn't take much convincing to get Alex to go see Penny and without looking back he left, forgetting that Aria was still here with no way back . I balled my hand into a fist at the audacity . I love my little brother but this,  this was downright cruel . I did not play around with women's feelings and to do it to her.

When she asked me to have the breakfast she ordered I couldn't say no to her . I don't think I could say no to anything she asks of me . I had to still be a good brother , even if Alex was acting like a total ass, and offered to take her home or the hospital . Her reply caught me off guard as she mentioned her picking all the 'faithful' ones in a sarcastic tone.

"Aria, it might not be what we think," I say to her . Trying to reassure her.

She gives me a look of defeat, "Am I that terrible that guys don't want to just stick with me? They have to go looking at other women?"

And who exactly has done this to Aria? Another man?

"Sit, eat . I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lash out," she says to me .

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"I don't know . I went from one cheating boyfriend to another. "

"You had another guy cheat on you?" I say not believing it .

She nods , "Dylan . I was with him for 3 years . Alex knew about this . I walked in on him and his assistant during his lunch hour . I was going to surprise him with a meal and instead I was the one who was surprised. The worse part?" She says as she takes a bite into her pancakes, "he proposed to that homewrecker and now I have to see them BOTH at Delilah's wedding."

"Why?"

"He's the best man,  can't replace him since he's also the brother," she says in exasperation.

"When did this all happen?"

She lets out a bitter laugh, "almost 7 months ago."

I couldn't help but feel pained for her . He's a piss poor excuse of a man and I feel the need to apologize for him on behalf of men . Shoot, I have to apologize for Alex too .