xxxii - always been

《FLASHBACK》
♡♡♡
●ARIA POV●

"I'm going to marry you one day ," he says to me .

I tilt my head to the side , "when?" I ask him playfully .

He just smiles , "when the time is right."

《PRESENT》

I had a vision of a memory that was so vivid in my mind . It came back when I felt my body spark up as soon as our lips touched. It erased all that time we spent apart and when I opened my eyes , I couldn't hold back my feelings anymore .

"It's always been you," he says to me tenderly , "I wish we were alone but I don't care who knows."

I close my eyes and inhale his scent, "I knew . I feel the same exact way."

His lips closed in on mine again and we shared the most passionate kiss I have ever experienced. His arms holding me firmly while my fingers tangle up in his hair. We didn't need oxygen, we needed each other . My heart was so full I thought it might burst.

When we parted we saw in our periphery the shocked look on many faces . We hadn't accounted for how this may seem to everyone , we just didn't think . Delilah's mouth was open , Henry's jaw was on the floor and the girls eyes were about to pop out of their heads.

Rachel and Florence had mixed reactions, one was amused and the other was confused. Then I looked at Dylan and finally my eyes landed on Alex. Alex looked devastated , as if his heart was just ripped out. And a pang of guilt hit me .

"What's the meaning of this?" Rachel demanded .

Warren turned to her and covered my body with his , "what it looks like . Two people who have always been destined to be together. Besides, not everything is what it seemed in the beginning and you may want to get that clarified with Alex, seeing as Florence looks like she already knew," I peeked over him and saw her smiling .

Before I can say or defend myself , I felt a pair of delicate hands pull me away from Warren . I spin around and see a rather angry Delilah , "start talking, NOW!" I couldn't quite look her in the eye because I felt bad for keeping this secret from her.

We walked away from the crowd on the dancefloor until it was just the two of us, in the corner of the VIP section . She had scared away the remaining guests so we can talk.

"Are you drunk?" She asked me as if the scene sobered the alcohol out of her system.

"Tipsy, maybe close to drunk. But I know exactly what happened out there," I answer

"You're with Alex!" She says with disappointment.

I need to tell her the truth , she might be even angrier at me but I have to tell her , "We were never a couple . He pretended to be my boyfriend for this wedding."

The anger disappeared and was replaced with worry , "but why did you lie?"

"I couldn't face Dylan . And then the whole fiance thing, I was mortified . So Sonja came up with this ridiculous plan," I start to tell her.

She holds up her hand to stop me, "wait, Sonja knew??!" I should've just said it was my plan .

But there's no stopping now that the truth is finally coming out, "yes, but I was against it at first. Didn't think it would work."

She sighs , "You should have just told me . I am the bride afterall . I would've told Dylan no date. Nobody likes that woman . You didn't have to go through all of this."