xxiv - alex

♡♡♡
●ALEX POV●

I threw everything into a duffel bag and hightailed it out of my place.  The overwhelming feeling of needing to get to Trip's was gnawing at me. Why would Warren be there? He showed up WITH Aria . Was it not enough,  our conversation last night?

I got to the house in about an hour . I don't know how many speed limits I broke but I didn't care. It was like my mind was possessed as I made my way into the house . I didn't see anybody and then I heard footsteps .

"Aria," I softly say her name .

She looks at me with anger in her eyes , "Why are you here?"

The way she asked that felt as if someone shot an arrow into my heart. She's never spoken to me with that tone and I only have myself to blame . "Why is Warren here?" Was what came out of my mouth, instead of I'm sorry or I miss you .

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" She asks me .

"You were with him last night and now,  he's here with you. Why? What about us?" I steady my voice not to let it cracks from the emotions I'm feeling .

"Alex, I told you I needed space, " she reminds me.

"But not from Warren?" My voice grows louder.

"He's been a good friend to me ," she stands her ground .

"You're MY girlfriend," I say in near yelling tones.

That was when Warren stepped out of his room and ran down the stairs , putting his body inbetween myself and Aria , "don't yell at her," he says with a stern voice.

"Alex, stop already . We can stop the charades," she says stepping away from Warren's shield .

That was when Trip opened the door from his study. He and another person walked out, this person I assume is his therapist .

"What are you talking about?" I ask her.

"Warren knows the truth about us," she confesses .

It was like a shockwave passing through me . I didn't want him to know it was fake . Not because it would make things worse for work but because I needed time to change our relationship into a real one .

"Why'd you tell him?"

"I was mad at you and we were sharing things with each other . Besides, it was a favor for a favor, right?" She says.

"How about the wedding?"

"I don't know , I haven't figured that out yet," she says looking at me,  "why are you here?"

"Because I messed up . I did the dumbest thing in the world and left you . I left you after we had the most incredible night together . I  want you to give me a chance to properly apologize and hopefully for you to forgive me," I begin to spill out my feelings and thoughts .

"Alex, let's talk somewhere as little more privately, " she nods at Warren letting him know it's okay .

I glare at him, now he knows our secret . I wonder what he will do or has done with this knowledge . I'm not going to just let Aria go. Not with what's transpired between us .

We walk up to her room and she closes the door , "so you want to explain . You drove all the way over here, so I have no choice but to listen. You already told me about Penny , but why are you here?"

"Aria , I don't want to lose you. The thought that you could hate me kills me inside . Penny meant nothing to me and you're right I didn't think when it came to her . And that's the point I don't think . She was an irrational part of my life but with you , everything is deliberate. I have a desire to make you happy and that requires more than being impulsive.  I know it's only been a few weeks but you make my heart feel things that I didn't know it could feel."