xxv - the week

♡♡♡
●ARIA POV●

After Alex arrived thing were initially a bit tense . I was afraid that it would ruin Trip's progress but it did the opposite and it might have worked out best in his favor to have his brothers here with him .

Warren and Trip hardly had a relationship growing up and Trip desired to have that bond with his younger siblings . Alex didn't hold a grudge to Trip , so in some way he became the mediator between the two .

The more time they spent together the more Warren loosened up . Then one night , outside by the fire pit they both let it all out. There was no shouting or fighting . It was more understanding and clearing up misconceptions. Trip really was misunderstood and neglected.  And because he was able to establish some sort of bond with them , mostly Warren, his progress sped up incredibly. It was like we were looking at a new man .

Alex and Warren talked but they weren't singing kumbaya together . They kept it peaceful and I appreciated that they did what they can to help . Wednesday night was the last night we all had together.  The guys were going to leave first , in the morning . I would leave Friday morning , leaving a night alone with Trip.

When we finally had the house to ourselves , and I mean , no one was there but Trip and I,  we finally had our moment to get to know each other . We wanted to learn a little bit more minus all the business aspects .

"I hope you don't mind some chicken and a garden salad," Trip says with a kind grin.

"Not at all , something a little healthy won't kill me," I joke.

"I like your attitude Aria. It's a welcomed change to how things have been," he says as he begins to set the dinner table .

"You mean , since you've been stuck in this house?" I try to get some clarity .

"No, since you've come back into our lives . Things haven't always been this open or inviting for ," he pauses , "I don't know, 20 years."

I frown at that , I can't imagine being misread for that long, and by your own family at that , "well better late than never."

His eyes sparkled at me , "that you are correct."

He brings over the main course and salad to the table and we sit down putting the food on our plates. His face says he has something on his mind and seeing as this is the last night before I leave for a week , I figured that he might as well ask away.

"You look like you're thinking too hard. Dollar for your thought?"

He laughs, "A dollar? Isn't the phrase , 'penny' ?"

I respond back with a chuckle, "Seeing as that name has caused a rift between brothers , I'd rather never say that word again."

He sits back and gives me a look , one that I couldn't decipher. So I mimicked his posture and asked him , "what's on your mind?"

"You."

I couldn't help my reaction.  I was surprised by his answer because I wasn't expecting it at all. It actually shocked me enough that I stayed silent for awhile . Trip watched me and cocked a brow up .

He was observing my movements , "I didn't mean to startle you with my answer . But the changes that have been happening seemed to center around you. Warren , finally relaxing? Alex taming his irrational side ? Helping me find a connection to my brothers? You're the piece of the puzzle that's connected a lot. And that's not a bad thing."