xvii - saturday

*hello readers! Thank you so much for sticking with me! Get ready , the men are about to make this harder for Aria. Tell me who you're rooting for below!!*

♡♡♡
●ALEX POV●

Aria finally agreeing to coming with my saturday was a feat in itself because she did not want to go without knowing where and why she needed to pack an overnight bag. I wanted to make up for last weekend and treat her to something nice for working so hard with Trip during the week.

I know we had said that we would keep things professional between us as far as this fake relationship goes but there was something last week . During our date that made me start thinking otherwise . She's incredibly smart, witty , open, understanding and insanely beautiful .

The night that we matched , honestly, was just so I can get my feet wet again . After Penny I was lost and I hadn't been able to bring myself to even look at another woman. But then my buddies convinced me to get on this dating app . They knew what I had gone through and thought that meeting new people, specifically new woman, was the way to go .

There were a few girls on there that I thought was pretty . I matched with them and met with a couple but they were all brainless faces . Although they were attractive , physically, they couldn't hold my attention . During our 'date' if you would even call it that , they were glued to their phones; taking selfies and posting it to whatever social media they were on.

I was about to delete the all when Aria's profile matched mine . I had to blink a few times because my instant reaction was that she was gorgeous but at the same time warm and familiar. I didn't have to think twice at meeting her although the request was a bit odd .

When I arrived at the club where she and her group were , I was taken aback . I was stunned into silence because Aria radiated a different air about her . Hands down, she was the most beautiful woman in this place , hell , the most beautiful woman I had ever seen . The smile of hers lit up the room and I wasn't the only one to notice.

Some of the other men around the bar were talking about the woman in the VIP section with the black dress and the brunette hair . She was the only one in black in that area and I felt lucky to be the one meeting her.

After our meeting and the subsequent dates that followed I knew that this was fate. I faintly remembered her as a kid , I mean at that age I was more interested in frogs but I remember the girl with the clear hazel eyes . I remember thinking that they were so pretty . Although our families saw each other a lot , I was a shy kid and I just watched everyone else play with each other . Now that I look back , she was always around Warren and Trip . They doted on her as if she was doll .

Now, 20 years later I had a chance to get to know Aria and I can't deny the overwhelming attraction I feel for her . She is a breath of fresh air from all the other women I've met and she made me instantly forget my heartache . I

This overnight trip is something that I think she'd like and maybe it'll bring us even closer together . She and I had either been texting throughout the week or at least talked on the phone . So I have gotten to know a few of her likes and dislikes .

Tonight , I hope to finally share that kiss that we almost had . I need to touch her and make sure that what I feel isn't just in my head .

I woke up at 5 this morning to make sure I had the car packed with everything that we would need during this short roadtrip . When it was time to pick Aria up , I rushed out of my apartment .

She was already waiting for me with a duffle bag in front of her building and I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear at the sight of her.

"Goodmorning," I greeted.