"Les, go get help" (Jack Kelly's sibling Part One)

A/n I think this is gonna be a 2-part thing idk yet
Post-strike: Broadway characters

"Alright Jack, I'm off to return my papes, got any?" You ask.

" You're asking the famous Jack Kelly, if he has any papes left? You must be crazy!" He laughs you roll your eyes and head towards Newsies Square. 

"Evening Mr.Weasel... I mean Mr.Wiesel, sorry I've been hangin with Jack too much you chuckle." You notice the Delancey's eyeing you as you set down your papes 

 "Not a good sellin day y/n?" Wiesel asks. 

"Not my best, but I've got a good feelin 'bout tomorrow tho." Wiesel smiles a bit. The guy has a soft spot for her, ( Not in a weird way tho). Wiesel gives you back your pennies and you smile 

"Have a good evenin Wiesel.." you stumbled as you backed into Oscar. You turned around seeing it was him 

"Oh. Uhm excuse me Oscar" you turn back around to see Morris. You are now trapped between both Delaney brothers. 

"Excuse me" you say as you try to squeeze away from them. 

 "Boys! Play nice" you hear Wiesel say. Oscar grabs your hand and kisses your knuckle, you try to rip your hand away but he grabs your wrist. 

"Where do you think you're goin sweetheart" Oscar sharply says. 

 "I...i.." you stutter as you try to move your body away from them, but you can't your stuck, you can't move from fear. 

"BOYS!" You hear Wiesel yell as the step away from you, you look back at Wiesel he nods at you as you run out of the gate.

You run as fast as you can back to the Lodging House. You see Race outside smoking a cigar, 

"Heya y/n how was Weasel??" You ignored him and went straight up to the penthouse, ignoring hello's and how are you's. You make it up there and just collapse on Jack's "bed" you didn't even notice Crutchie, and you never did until you started to cry and he came up and sat next to you, arm around your shoulder rubbing your arm. 

 "What's.." he didn't even have to finish until you told him what happened and how you just couldn't move your body was paralyzed with fear. Crutchie didn't say anything he didn't have to, he knew that you just needs someone sitting with you. After awhile you finished your tears and went back down, helping Crutchie back down to. He swore not to tell anyone, not even your brother..

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Time skip
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The next morning at the gate, you were determined to sell all your papes so you wouldn't have to come back later.

"I'll take 80 papes please" you say without making eye contact.

"Woah woah woah, nah ah. Give her 100" Jack says giving Wiesel the extra money. 

 "Jack seriously.." you were cut off by Jack who pushed you forward to get your papes. Oscar pushes your papes to your chest, his hand lingering a bit too long.
During the day you came up with the craziest headlines trying to make sure you sold all of your papes. With not even stopping for lunch, you still ended up with three extra. 

"Jack, will you just come with me, to bring these back?" You gestured to the three papes in your hand. 

 "Nah, y/n you're a big girl you can go by yourself"

"Jack.." you protest as Davey and Les walk near

"Ay. Ya know what take Les with you if you're that scared" Jack snarles

"Ya know, I will. Come on Les let's go!" You say taking Les' hand headed back to the square.

You walk in, heart already pounding. You don't see Wiesel, but you see the Delancey's. You walk up and place down your papes, and Oscar looks at you look you just murdered his family 

"I'd like my money back... please" you say slightly shaking

"Ya know Kelly jr., I didn't think you would have the guts to come back here, after yesterday. I guess you just can't resist me, huh" you begin to turn away but Morris stand right behind you. You feel Oscar grab you rear as you try to punch him, which only makes him grab your wrists. And draw them behind your back. 

" Who gets to have fun first, we've just finished polishing these brass knuckles" Morris says to your face

"Les! Go get help!!" You yell as you see him run with Morris chasing after him for a second