I dont know (Skittery x Reader)

You and Skittery had just spent the day together. Now the sun has set and you two were sitting on the roof of the Lodging House. You were both lying in your backs watching the stars. This was one of your favorite activities, just being in each other's company, it may be silent but it was a good break from the loud city during the day.

" Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?" You ask

" Is this a trick question?" Skittery asks

"What do you mean?" You ask

"Like am I supposed to say you? Or like what?" Skittery questions

"Oh, I mean. I guess other than me if you really think that." You say grabbing his hand which he gives a light squeeze.

"Other than you" he says moving his from look up to looking at you. "No." He says. You blush a bit.

"I love you" you whisper.

"Did ya say something y/n?" Skittery asks turning his full attention back to you.

"Yes! I mean no! I mean...." you stutter

"Come on y/n ya know you can tell me anythin."

"I love you!" You say rather loudly

"I love you, Skittery." You say again at a normal volume. He looks away from you, back up to the stars. You keep looking at him for a minute more than decide to get up. You are now sitting against the side of the building, just looking at Skittery. You let out a laugh sigh as he turns his head to look at ya.

"What?" He asks. You just look away as he sits up and walks over to you. He sits back down next, drawing your knees up to your chest. You puts an arm around you.

"Do you love me?" You ask him innocently

" y/n... I..." he doesn't finish his sentence. You shrug his arm off of you as you look away.

"Y/n, I don't know. I don't know what love is. I thought my folks loved me, but they tossed me to the curb. Y/n I have all of the feelings I think love might be, but I don't know if I'm ready to use that word." He says moving your head back.

" I'm so sorry." You say leaning into his side.

" But I'll be here until you're ready Skittery, and that's a promise." You say closing your eyes, feel safe with him.