Pool Party! (Newsies x Reader)

So this is modern AU. With the 1992 boys ✌️

It was a hot day in the middle of July, so you invited  Jack, Blink, Davey, Les, Spot, Mush, and Race to come over and hang out and your pool. First to arrive was Davey and Les, they came through back gate and Les ran up to give you a hug.

"Y/n!! Thanks for inviting us to come swim!!" Les squealed.

"Of course! I love having all of my friends here!" You reply before hearing Davey say

" Les make sure you put sunscreen on" you laugh at the comment as Les grunts. Jack, Mush and Blink are next to arrive bringing water guns and water balloons. Race and Spot are last to arrive, they always seem to get lost on the way to your house.

After several minutes of talking, you and Race decide to see who can make the biggest splash off the diving board, Cause everything with this boy is a competition. He goes first, it was a normal decent splash. But when you jumped in you knew Race immediately won.

"That was lame y/n" Race laughed.

"Yeah,yeah shut up." You said back

After swimming for awhile longer you decided to have a chicken fight! You on Mush's shoulders and Les on Blink's. You pushed and shoved until Les fell off of his shoulders. Les went on a ramble about how it wasn't fair cause you were older but you didn't really care. Eventually you were challenged by Jack and Davey. Jack was on Davey's shoulders. Jack was a bit harder to fight but you eventually reigned victorious! Mush brought you off of his shoulders for a moment, just to get a break.

"Alright , alright. Let's see if theses so called champions can beat us." Spot says. But first he and Race rambled on who was gonna get to sit on who. Eventually Spot got on Races shoulders, he came up to you grabbing your arms you shoved him off of you they stumbled back a bit but now falling. They came back and they fighting began again. Now all of the other boys were cheering. Varieties of "Go y/n" "Get 'em Spot" and of course " fight, fight, fight!" Eventually Spot began to lose his grip on Race and you found the perfect opportunity to push him off. He fell into the pool as Mush pulled you off of his shoulder giving you a high-five then a hug.

" That's was lame Race" you mocked him from early he just rolled his eyes. Eventually you got out for a little while and tried to do something you've never done before, tan. So you lay down in one of your chairs and just try to fall asleep, that's how it works,right?

Time skip

"Damn. She looks so peaceful." Spot says.

"Yeah, that means we get to scare her awake." Race smirks. So all of the boys come up with a plan. Davey and Jack grab water guns. Mush and Blink are gonna wait until the last second to get out so when the stand over you, they'll get water all over you. Then after you jumped up, the plan was to get Race and Spot to throw you in the pool. Les thought it was too mean so he just watched. Jack and Davey filled up
The water guns, as Race and Spot got behind your chair. Once Jack and Davey got into their positions, Blink and Mush got out and ran over to you. "1....2....3!" They shouted.

Your POV
You felt soaking wet, water coming from the hand of your friends then you felt your weight lifted from the chair and heard a ton of laughing.

"WHAT ARE YOU BOYS-" you didn't get to finish your statement as you felt yourself thrown into the air then you felt the cold water surround you. You scrambled to the top for air. Gasping as you hit the surface

"What the hell is the matter with y'all?!" You shriek swimming to the ladder.

" We was just havin some fun y/n, no need to be upset." Jack says. You roll your eyes as you run over to push him in, he somehow grabs you a pulls you in with him. You splash him as you get back to the surface then all of the other boys jump back in just turning it into a splash fight.

"Hey! That got in my eye!!" You heard Les say.

"Quit bein such a baby." Spot says hastily. Everything goes silent and all eyes fall on Spot.

"SOAK 'EM!!" You hear Les hell gesturing to Spot. Everyone yells and charges toward Spot. All of you continue to "soak him" by splashing tons of water is way.

"aight.AAIGHT!" Spot yells.

"That'll teach him" Les states, all of the boys chuckling to his response.