Prologue

7 Years Old (8 Years Ago)

Amaya got home from school and opened the door and walked inside "Mom, Dad, I'm home!"Amaya yelled into her house. She heard footsteps and her peaked her head around the corner "how was school, sweetie?" Mom asked.

"It was great! Where's dad?" Amaya asked as she walked into the kitchen where her Mom was cooking dinner. "He's at work, hon" Mom said and Amaya sat down on a stool in front of her "what are you making?" Amaya asked.

"Dumplings" Mom said and Amaya nodded.Amaya was waiting for dinner to be ready. The front door opened and Amaya's dad walked into the kitchen and walked over Amaya's mom and gave her a kiss "how was work?" Mom asked.

"It was good. You know, the normal. We took down a down a couple villains today" Dad said.

Mom finished dinner and they all sat down at the dining room table and ate. There was a loud knock on the front door, "I'll get it" Dad said and stood up from the table and walked to the door. "I thought you were gone" Amaya heard her dad say. Then there was a loud bang and Amaya and her Mom froze. "Mommy, what was that?" Amaya asked in a whisper. "I don't know, honey. Get into the closet" Mom ordered and Amaya followed her orders and ran into the pantry closet and closed the door.

Amaya stood by the door and heard her mother scream when she walked into the living where the front door was. Tears started to flow down Amaya's face as she heard another bang and loud footsteps start to search the house. When they were satisfied the men left and Amaya opened the closet door and walked into the living room and her nose was assaulted by the smell of blood. Amaya froze as she looked down at the bloody bodies of her parents. Amaya let out a loud scream.

Amaya's neighbors came to Amaya's house and saw Amaya crying over two bodies. They called the police and comforted the young girl and took her over to their house so she didn't have to see the bodies anymore.Soon enough the cops were at Amaya's house and they closed off the house to preserve the crime scene. Amaya was taken by CPS and sat in a office waiting for her new foster family to pick her up.Amaya was surprised when a woman with long black hair walked in. "Hi, sweetheart. I'm Kayama, I'm your mother's sister." The woman-Kayama asked and Amaya looked up from her lap "I'm Amaya" Amaya whispered and Kayama kneeled down so Amaya would look at her "nice to meet you, Amaya" She said.Kayama took Amaya home after signing multiple papers. Amaya got to Kayama's house and she showed Amaya around and to her room.

8 Years Later (Present Time) Amaya's P.O.V

I woke up and rolled out of my bed and walked into my bathroom. I brushed out my hair and went into the shower I brushed my teeth and left the bathroom. I picked out a pair of grey running shorts and a black tank top and changed into it.I went downstairs ate a quick breakfast and I started to stretch before I went on my run. Aunt Kayama came down the stairs "good morning, Maya" Aunt Kayama said."Morning, Auntie" I said and stood up "I'm gonna go on a run, I'll be back before you leave" I said and Aunt Kayama nodded "ok, see you soon" Aunt Kayama said and I nodded and I left the house and started my run in a light jog while I put my headphones in my ears. I put on some music and I started to go into a run.

I finished the loop around my neighborhood and I went into my house. I paused my music and took out my headphones. "I'm gonna take a shower" I said as I jogged up the stairs "ok!" Kayama yelled up the stairs.I got into the shower and washed my body off.

I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself and around my hair and I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed a pair of dark blue ripped jeans and a black shirt and I changed into the outfit. I went downstairs and I went into the kitchen and poured myself a cup of coffee. "UA entrance exams are tomorrow, are you nervous?" Aunt Kayama asked and I shrugged "a little, but from what you could tell me I think I can handle it" I said and I took a sip from my mug. "That's good. I think you will pass easily, you have great combat strategy and that will help you out. And your quirks are amazing" Aunt Kayama said."Thanks, Auntie" I said with a smile and I finished off my coffee. "I have to go and do some Pro-hero work but I'll be back by dinner, hopefully" Aunt Kayama said and I nodded "ok, be careful" I said and Aunt Kayama stood up from the table "I always am" Aunt Kayama said and left.

A/N- Ok! Background chapter is finished! Now it's onto the actual show. I liked the idea of Midnight being her aunt, I felt like it's interesting and I haven't seen a lot of books like it, so I'm excited!