Cavalry Battle

This chapter is going to be a little longer so I can fit the whole battle in it. Hope you guys don't mind!

"Let's here it for the contestants as we prepare the results" Present Mic yelled and everyone cheered.

A few minutes later Midnight started talking "the first game for the first-years is finally over, and what game it was! Now, let's take a quick look at the standings, shall we?" Midnight said and the score board came up showing everyone who placed where. "Only the top 42 will make it to the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut! We have other good opportunities for you to shine. Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight! Give it your best! Let's see what we have in store for you next. Will your wildest fantasies come to life? What could it be? The waiting is torture. Prepare yourselves... for this!" Midnight yelled and the spinner landed on cavalry battle."Cavalry battle? I'm terrible at those" Kaminari said.

"Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two-to-five people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a regular playground game. But there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course" Midnight said and she explained the points."Forty-two of you qualified to move on to the next round. Gird you loins and prepare for your next test. A cavalry battle! Those of you at the tip will suffer the most. Of course that's something you'll hear over and over again at UA. Show us what "Plus Ultra" means! Izuku Midoriya placed first in the qualifier. He'll be worth ten million!" Midnight said and everyone looked at Midoriya.

"First years! These are the rules that you'll abide by. The game itself will last 15 minutes. Individual point values will be added together to reach your team total. Everyone will know how much you're worth thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your teams's score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them. And another thing- even if your headband get stolen or your team falls down, you can keep playing until times up" Midnight said and everyone started to plot.

"This is going to be rough. You may use your Quirks as much as you like. But there's still rules. Make a team fall on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card. You'll be disqualified! Now, you've got 15 minutes to build your teams. I recommend you get started!" Midnight yelled and Midoriya came up to me "do you want to join Uraraka and I?" He asked and I nodded "sure, I don't think anyone else wants to team up with me" I said and Midoriya and Uraraka went to Iida and asked him if he wanted to be apart of our team."The four of us would be horses with Iida in the front. Using Uraraka's Quirk, Iida and I would be way lighter so we'd be able to maneuver around really easily. No one could catch us" Midoriya said.

"Good idea!" Uraraka said.

"The only thing is... we'd still have to find a pretty strong rider. I know it's not much, but it's the only evasive plan I could think of this fast" Midoriya said.

"A good strategy, but I'm sorry. I'm afraid I must refuse your offer. Since this all started, I've been losing to you. Please don't take this as an insult. You're a great friends, but if I continue to follow you, I'll never get stronger. Bakugo and Todoroki have challenged you already, but they aren't the only ones who see you as a rival. Midoriya, I'll try my best to defeat you," Iida said as he joined Todoroki, Momo, and Denki.

-
The timer beeped "oh, goody. It's time to get this party started" Midnight said."After 15 minutes to pick teammates and talk strategy, 12 cavalry teams are preparing to go head-to-head!" Present Mic said.

We all go into position holding Midoriya up "one final countdown before the game starts! Three! Two! One!" Present Mic counted and the battle started. And everyone came straight towards us, being on the right side I was able to keep the people coming from the right at bay. "Not even giving us a chance, huh? Such is the fate of the pursued. "Make your choice, Midoriya!" Tokoyami said.