The Anniversary

I woke up and I started my daily routine to get ready for school. I went to my desk to grab my backpack and I saw a picture of my parents, my little sister, and I before everything happened. I smiled at it and put my bag on my back "I'll make you proud, I promise" I said and I left my room and went downstairs to grab something quick to eat.

-
I eat breakfast "I'm leaving for school! Bye!" I yelled throughout the house "bye, Maya! Have fun!" She yelled back and I left the house and started to walk towards UA.

Of course, because of the day my mood isn't the best. So when Mina came up next to me I had to put a face on so she wouldn't get suspicious. I hate having people close to me, I feel like whenever someone is close to me they always end up hurt or dead. I don't want to risk that with anyone else."Hey, Amaya! How are you today?" Kirishima asked as he walked up next to me as well "I'm good, how are you?" I asked and everyone started to join into the conversation, set for Bakugo, of course.

3rd Person

The group of friends walked through the school gates and Amaya could feel eyes watching her. She turned around and saw Bakugo who quickly turned away. She shrugged it off and she went inside of the school.

-
Amaya's P.O.V

After a long day of training Mina, Bakugo, Kirishima, Kaminari and I were walking home and I could feel them watching me. 'Have I been out of character that much?' I thought to myself. They all had concerned expressions, set for Bakugo who wore his normal scowl. "Are you guys okay?" I asked and they nodded quickly "are you okay?" Mina asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I asked acting like nothing is wrong. "You've just been acting weird" Mina said and everyone nodded in agreement "just nervous for the festival, that's all" I said and they took the excuse.

Before I knew it we were at my house. "Bye! See you tomorrow!" I said as I walked up the few stairs that lead up to my front door. I unlocked it, trying to hold my tears back. I opened the door and went inside and immediately bust out in tears. I walked up to my room and threw my bag into my chair. I sat down on my bed and I tucked my knees to my chest and I started to sob.

-
After a few minutes I heard the front door open "Amaya, I'm home!" Aunt Kayama yelled and I heard her come towards my room. My door opened and she walked through the doorway. "How you doing?" She asked and I shrugged "fine, I guess" I said through my shaky voice. Aunt Kayama sat down next to me and pulled me into a side hug and I broke down even more than I did before "shh, I know, I miss them too" she said as she rubbed my back.-I finally calmed down and I left the house and went to the cemetery.

I got there and followed the path to my parents graves and I replaced their old flowers with new ones and sat there talking to them for a while.

-
After an hour or so I left the cemetery and went home.

I trained to get my mind off of what the day was and I practiced every single element that I can use and even a bit of my shapeshifting which in the end made me exhausted. I got out all of my anger.

-
I cleaned up, ate dinner and went up to my room to do homework.

My phone beeped and I looked at it and it was Mina.
Mina: Hey, I know that your not in the best mood, but I really want to know how I can help
Me: Thank you, Mina. But it's not exactly something you can help with. Today is the day that my parents died.
Mina: OMG! I'm so sorry! Are you sure that there isn't anything that I can do to help? Me: it's okay. There isn't anything you can do.
Mina: Ok, let me know if there is anything I can do, alright?
Me: Thank you.
I put my phone down and I started my homework again but I decided to move from my desk to my window seat and started to do my homework.

-
After a few hours of doing homework I looked outside my window and saw Bakugo sitting on his bed reading. "Who knew you can read?" I said to myself. I laughed and went back to my homework.

After even more hours of homework and studying for tests I got ready for bed and went to bed.

-
We were all in a training room and I was trying to learn how to control the elements that I don't use as well like, water and fire. They are not my strong suit, that's for sure.

By the time class was over I got the hang of using water. It was a lot easier than I thought. I walked to lunch and I saw Mina and Kaminari talking to Sakura. "You've got to be kidding me" I said and I walked up to them. "Hey guys, you coming to lunch?" I asked and Mina turned to look at me "uh, yeah, we'll be there in a second" she said and I nodded and walked away, not acknowledging Sakura at all. 'How could Mina and Kaminari talk to her? She's such a bitch if she doesn't want to use you for popularity anymore' I thought to myself and sighed.

I grabbed my food and sat down next to Bakugo and Kirishima. "Where's Mina and Kaminari?" Kirishima asked.

"They were talking to Sakura" I said as I looked up from my plate to see Mina and Kaminari walking up to us. "I don't know why you think Sakura is so bad. She's actually really nice" Mina said and my attitude dropped and I could tell they noticed. "She's just using you to get popular. Trust me, I would know" I said and I grabbed my food and dumped in the trash can and left.

3rd Person
"What did I do?" Mina asked.

"You talked to her childhood bully and called her nice. That wouldn't sit well with anyone, Mina" Kirishima said.

-
Amaya walked out of the school and sat down by a nearby tree.

*Flashback* Trigger Warning! Contains attempted suicide.

10 year old Amaya was walking out of school for recess when Sakura and her friends came up to her and shoved her roughly to the ground. "Oh, look who it is, little miss Ice Queen," Sakura said while her friends started to laugh. Amaya sat on the ground holding her bleeding elbow with tears in her eyes. "Oh, no. Did I make you cry? Are you that weak?" Sakura said with a laugh. "No one waits a weakling like you. Might as well put yourself out of your misery, it's not like anyone likes you" Sakura said and Amaya burst out in tears as she stood up and ran towards a teacher.

"Miss...I-Uh-I hurt m-my elbow" Amaya said through sobs. She didn't want to rat Sakura out, because Sakura was the golden girl. Nobody would believe her.

The teacher fixed up her elbow and Amaya continued to play by herself.

-
⚠️Trigger warning⚠️
When Amaya got home she ran straight up the stairs and to her room. 'What if I actually do it? Would it make people happier?' She thought to herself. She stood up and walked to the bathroom. She closed the door and scavenged through her drawers and found a razor blade. "Amaya! Are you home?" She heard Aunt Kayama hell throughout the house.

Amaya held the razor blade to her wrist and she took a deep breath and moved the razor blade closer to her wrist. The door opened and Aunt Kayama came in and her eyes widened. "Amaya, what are you doing?" Aunt Kayama asked and ran towards Amaya. She moved the razor blade out of Amaya's hand and pulled her into a hug and Amaya started to cry harder. "Sh, what happened?" Aunt Kayama asked."Th-this g-girl in my c-class told me t-that everyone would b-be h-happier I-if I w-was gone" Amaya sobbed as Amaya left the hug and Aunt Kayama started to get angry. Not at Amaya but at the girl who would say such horrible things. "No one thinks that, sweetheart. Come here" Aunt Kayama said as she held her arms out and Amaya hugged her. "You can talk to me, okay? Anytime" Aunt Kayama said and Amaya nodded in Aunt Kayama's shoulder.

-
I was snapped out of my flashback when I heard the loud warning bell telling me that lunch was over. I stood up and wiped the tears from my eyes and put on a fake smile and walked to my class.