Chapter 33 - City of Angels

.

Flight KA-482 from Seoul, South Korea now arriving..

Couple of weeks later James fly to Los Angeles to participate in the comedy show organized by Ken Jeong. He is supposedly part of the comedy tour but since James has a show and now he just started doing a radio show, plus the upcoming drama, he reached for an agreement with Ken Jeong that he will still be part of the comedy tour but he will only perform in one city, the city of Los Angeles.

During his previous comedy tours, James became close friends with two fellow stand up comedians. The three of them is Ken Jeong best scouted comedians. And now, the three of them is the main attraction of the comedy tour. Too bad James will only perform in one city.

.

.

"James! Over here!"

"Hey, Larry!!", James waves to his friend and went over to him.

"Long time no see brother.." Larry gives James a quick hug.

"Yeah, long time. I never thought I will say this but man, I miss L.A." James said to him.

"Glad you're here again brother. Anyway, I think Frank's flight will arrived any minute now so what do say let's head to the gates?" Larry tells him that their other comedian friend's flight will arrive shortly. "Sure, let's go.."

After he found out that James will be heading back to L.A. to perform, Larry quickly offers him to stay in his place for the duration of his time in L.A., and when also found out that their other friend, Frank, will also be part of the show, he also offers him the same thing so that the three of them will have a reunion.

"Hey, thanks for offering to stay in your place." James said to Larry while they are waiting.

"No problem, you and Frank are sort became brothers to me. It's the least I can do, you guys helped me through tough times..." Larry trying not to sound emotional. 

"We just gave you advices.. and cheered you up. You did it yourself." James replied, "And that helps me a lot. Before, I used to sleep at the car that I borrowed to my mother, and now I have my own place and I bought my mother a new car." Larry explained.

"Hold on... don't tell me you are picking us up with that car?" James asked him, "Of course not, I also bought one for myself. You kidding, that car can't even go beyond 70km per hour without overheating.." Larry replied. "Yeah.. that was a really really long drive from L.A. to San Francisco.." James remembers that time they went sightseeing in San Francisco. The two laugh at those memories with the crappy car. "You and Frank insisted it, I warned you.." Larry replied.

"You know what, it was really Mr. Ken Jeong who we really should thanked. He is the reason why all of these are happening. Because of him opportunities opens up for the three of us. You are headlining comedy shows now. Frank is also doing good in U.K., recently he got his first headline show. And for me, I got recognized and I'm part of a variety show. This is all Mr. Ken Jeong's doing, that's why I can't say no when he invited me, the least I can do is to perform in one city.." James commented. 

"Yeah.. I'm very thankful for him also." Larry agrees to what he said. "I'm glad you picked L.A..." Larry said to him, "Well you live in Pasadena, so might as well pick L.A since it's nearby.." James replied.

"By the way, my mother visited my place and she want to cook for us. She wanted to meet you and Frank.." Larry tells him. "Great, I would love to meet your mother too. Also, I'm starving.." James replied.

"Hey bitches!!"

James and Larry heard a familiar voice with a british accent. They both knew who it is, "Hey faggot!" the two of them greeted Frank.