Another One.

"BYE! BYE! MOMMY LOVES YOU!"

Sticking my hand out the passenger window waving to Jade and Jonah as Jeremiah hugged Momma Sonia and the kids before getting in the truck pulling out the driveway pulling off, he looked towards me sucking his teeth before grabbing a tissue box ou...

Sticking my hand out the passenger window waving to Jade and Jonah as Jeremiah hugged Momma Sonia and the kids before getting in the truck pulling out the driveway pulling off, he looked towards me sucking his teeth before grabbing a tissue box out the back seat placing it in my lap.

"They good baby...aight?" Jeremiah calmly assured with a bit of irritation in his voice as I nodded grabbing a tissue dabbing the corners of my eyes, causing him to place his hand on my thigh gripping to softly. "And don't beat ya self up about Toni, you ain't know this shit was finna happen when you committed baby."

As if having to leave Jeremiah and the kids wasn't enough, leaving Antonio in such a state was something I couldn't bring myself to feeling comfortable with. Not only did I want to be there for him, I wanted to be there for Jeremiah, who wasn't taking the news well, no matter how hard he tried to appear like he was. Everyone was taking this hard.

"He's been in a coma for almost a month Jeremiah...a month. And I'm supposed to go and have a good ol' time while he's in that condition? I feel like such a...a inconsiderate ass bitch. But how would it look if I backed out the day of?" I questioned looking towards J as he chewed on his bottom lip looking straight ahead, appearing to be becoming irritated.

"Jhene I'm tryna be as sensitive with my words as possible but, shit what is you lookin for me to say?"

Even though his shortness wasn't helping, Jeremiah had every reason to be irritated with me. From the constant questioning of his opinion to me questioning his opinion, shit I'd be fed up too.

Jeremiah knew how bad it would look if I were to back out last minute, but he also made it clear that my priorities should always comes first and sometimes I'm gonna have to ruffle a few feathers, which is something I never try to intentionally do.

"Okay Jeremiah whatever just drop it, I just wanna see him before I leave." Grabbing ahold of one of his braids twisting it as we pulled up to a red light stopping, he looked towards me nodding before leaning over the console kissing me softly. "Thank you."