Friendship is two way.

Rose P.O.V

Eli was still behaving differently and tonight we were going to confront her. She usually went out early in the morning and didn't return till late. During classes, she sat with random people and the only time we saw her was when we were in the Great Hall.

We all were sitting in the Great Hall for dinner when Ron said that they were going to look for Harry.  "We have to start preparing for our Match." said Oliver in his "Captain"voice. We groaned and Fred said, "I know you are going to make us train harder than last year." "How do you know?" asked Oliver. "I just know." said Fred shrugging. "I agree with him." said Angelina. 

"Do you agree too?" asked Oliver looking at me. "You want me to disagree when I know you have a plan ready to make us work hard?" I asked knowing that he had practice plans already written in his diary. "You know it?" he asked shocked. "Obviously, you were writing that when you fell asleep in the common room yesterday." I said rolling my eyes.

"they make me sick." I heard George whisper to Fred. "I agree, they are weird." Fred whispered back. Angelina said, "Or you two are idiots." I laughed at their expressions. "Come on, Ange! Don't you think they are weird?" asked George throwing his arm around her shoulder and smiling at her. Why would he smile at her like that? I looked at Fred and he had a knowing look. "I don't think they are weird. I think they are cute." She said winking at me. "That's my best friend!" I said as I high five her. "You the Girl!" She said laughing at me. "I know!" said Fred loudly. We all looked at him confused. "I know why you don't find them weird." he said looking at us. "Why?" asked Angelina raising her eyebrow. "because." said Fred grinning and looked at George. I grinned looking at Angelina's expressions that changed into a look  of, "how?". George being George looked clueless.  

Before Angelina could say anything, Eli sat beside me. I looked at her shocked and asked,"Where were you?" I didn't really expect any answer but I asked anyway. "I had some work." She said shrugging. "with a Slytherin." muttered Fred. "what?" asked Eli. "Nothing. Ignore it." said Angelina. "So Eli, I haven't seen you in a while." said Oliver trying to start a conversation. "I was busy with a few things so I didn't meet you all." she said trying to dodge the topic. "You never behave like that." I said frowning. "I am being normal Rose. There is nothing to tell." said Eli reassuring me and others. She went back to eating and I looked at others. They were not convinced but I could tell that Angelina was trying to say to drop it for now. 

We were returning to our dormantaries when we heard a few people going down the hall and we heard someone mention Harry, Ron and Hermione. As soon as I heard their names I looked at my brothers and we rushed the way we saw those students coming. I saw Ron and Hermione standing beside each other and Harry was standing near the wall and there was something that I couldn't understand what it was. We went near them and I gasped as I saw Mrs Norris. This is bad. I kept my hand on ron's shoulder as I stared at it. 

Someone made their way out of the crowd of students and I saw that it was Flinch. This is getting worse. Harry was confused and I knew he had nothing to do with it. Before Flinch could attack Harry, Professor Dumbledore came. I was relieved that he came. 

While Professor Dumbledore was defending Harry, I saw that Fred and George were looking at the wall. I followed their gaze and I was shocked and I gasped. 

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir.... Beware." 

"Enemies of Heir Beware. You are next Mudbloods." sneered Malfoy as he looked at Hermione. I could feel Fred tense beside me and I could tell that everyone around me glared at him. Flint was looking at us with some sort of weird smile as he taunting us. I knew this was about Eli but I let it slide.

That comment could lead into a fight but before anything happened Dumbledore sent everyone away back to their dorms. 

We were sitting in the common room waiting for Harry, Ron and Hermione. "What do you think this is all about?" asked Oliver. "I don't know. But from the looks, it doesn't look like a prank." said Angelina. "I am sure, Dumbledore and the professors will look at it properly." I said sighing.

"I felt like killing Malfoy. How dare he say something like that about Muggle borns?!" exclaimed Fred. Angelina looked at him and then looked at me to confirm her thoughts. I knew what she thought so I nodded confirming her thoughts.

"he's Malfoy. what do you expect?" said George. "This is so wrong but we should just wait for the teachers to announce about it." I said sighing. Oliver looked lost in his thoughts. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "We are thinking of this to be a joke but what if it's true? If this is something serious than I think we will be dealing with a big threat this year." said Oliver thinking out loud. We all nodded and fell into silence.

We were sitting quietly when we heard the door open and Eli come in. I looked  at Angelina and she got the message. Eli was about to go upstairs but I called her. Eli looked at me and asked, "What happened?" 

"We wanted to talk to you." said Angelina. "I am tired. can this wait?" asked Eli obviously trying to run away again. "No matter how much you try to avoid this but you can't." I said seriously.

Eli sighed and asked, "Fine. What is it?" "What is going on with you? You don't spend time with us. We live in the same dorm but I rarely see you." I said. 

"That's because I have other friends Rose. I am not like you." said Eli rudely. What does she mean? Before I could say something, Angelina shot back, "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean that I have other friends. Other than you people and honestly she's too goody two shoes." said Eli. but she didn't stop, "You too, Angelina. You are the same. I just wanted to spend time with other people. Fun People." said Eli shrugging.

"Like Marcus Flint?" asked George looking straight at Eli. She looked at him shocked. "What?" said Eli dumbfounded. I knew she would not tell anything now. "We know Eli." Said Fred. I looked at Angelina and she knew what I was thinking. 

"Eli, we have been friends ever since first year.  We have always been best friends, what happened now?" I asked. 

"God Rose, Can you drop it? I am tired and not in a mood of this interrogation." said Eli and went upstairs.

"I swear, next time I will forget that we used to be best friends." said Angelina. "But we know one thing, she is not friends with us anymore." I said sadly. She said she isn't like me. maybe she just wants to make new friends.

I was lost in my thoughts when I felt someone take my hand. I looked up and saw Oliver frowning at me. I looked at him confused and he said, "Don't overthink it. Don't take it to heart. You haven't completely lost her yet." I smiled at him. 

"We still have each other." said Angelina hugging me. I smiled and hugged her back. 

"We should try talking  to her again." I said. 

"No. You both tried once and she was rude. Let her come to talk now." said Fred annoyed. "I agree. You both have tried a lot of times. Friendship cannot survive if it is wanted by one person only. The other needs to care too and right now Eli is not caring about it. talking right now will hurt you two." said Oliver.

"Anyway, It's getting late. We should go and sleep." said Angelina  pulling me with her. I kissed Oliver's cheek and wished everyone good night. 

Before we could enter our dorms, I heard Oliver call out and say,

"Practice at 7 tomorrow. Don't be late."

Just great. 

~~~~~

Hey everyone!

First of all, I am so so sorry for this extremely late update. My laptop wasn't working and I had to wait and buy a  new one. Also, Online classes have been a pain.

I will be updating this book a bit quicker now.

I have started another book. It's up on my profile. Do give it a read. It is a Fremione story but before you people say anything I love Ron and Hermione but I just like the idea of Fred and Hermione.

Stay Tuned for more updates!

~Sakura~