I'm just Yuuki Natsu

“Well then, could you at least explain in detail how points are added or deducted? We can keep that in mind for future reference.”

For a while, Hirata has been constantly trying to defend his classmate. I'm sure he's also aware his classmate defects but he keeps throwing any argument to fight Chabashira-sensei. But..

“I cannot tell you. We cannot disclose the methods behind our student
evaluation. It’s the same as any other organization. When you enter a company, it is the company’s choice whether or not to tell you how it
evaluates its employees."

Chabashira-sensei keep beating, beating is too lenient for this situation. She obliterated all Hirata argument that leaves him frustrated.

I'm sighing.

"Hirata. That's enough."

"But, but there have to..."

"For now, let's hear what Sensei want to Sensei. You have done your part. Clear your mind and think carefully."

Giving up, Hirata follow my advice.

"That's true. I should relax. Thanks, Yuki-kun"

Wow, he called my name out. Its kinda like a first time I have feeling this.

"However, I’m not cruel, and I’m not trying to be cold. In fact, this situation is so pathetic that I will give you one bit of guidance.”

For the first time, I saw a faint sliver of a smile on Chiyabashira-sensei’s lips.

“Let’s say that you stop being late to class and have no more absences… Even though zero points will be deducted from you this month,
that doesn’t mean that your points will increase, either. That means next month you will still receive zero points. From another perspective, you could say no matter how times you’re late or absent to class, it doesn’t matter. So, you’re not really at a loss, are you?”

I can feel the sense of sarcasm in her statement. But, it's make me relief at least the class will not get a deduction of points for next month if I unintentionally come late or absences. At least for me.

The bell rang, signaling the end of homeroom.

“It looks like we spent too much time yammering. I hope that you
understood the gist of it. Well, it’s about time that we switch to our main topic.”
From the tube she carried, she removed a white rolled-up poster and spread it out. She stuck the poster to the blackboard with some magnets. The still-confused students stared blankly at the poster.

Class A through Class D were listed. To the side was a row of numbers that went up to a maximum of four digits. Class D had zero. Class C had 490. Class B had 650. And at the top was Class A, with a total of 940. In this case, 1000 points would mean 100,000 yen, wouldn’t it? Every class had apparently lost points.

Hmm, my theories doesn't include this class point but that fact are not so important.

“Isn’t something about this odd?”

“Yeah. The numbers look too even.”

Some students are mumbling looking at the results.

“You’ve all been doing whatever you pleased this past month. The
school has no intention of preventing you from doing what you want. Your
actions, such as being late or talking during class, only affect the points you receive. The same goes for how you use your points. How you choose to spend is entirely up to you. We have not put any restrictions on point usage.”

“This isn’t fair, though! We can’t enjoy our student lives like this!”

shouted Ike, who’d stayed quiet until now.