Preparation

Unless you were psychic, finding the VIP wasn't going to be easy. People are born liars. If a person ever claims to live their life without telling a
lie, their life itself is probably a lie.

Lies are inescapable parts of us. A kind lie is no exception; it's still a lie.
Somewhere in this group of students was the VIP. We are still in the middle of the discussion period.

As I said before, I never involved in the discussion, just sleeping in a corner of the room. Well, it's really looks like I was sleeping but I'm also silently take notes of everything that happen in the room. What does they talked about, who, everything. However, apart from what Ryuuen said and Katsuragi's method, everything was simply a trivial thing.

Just as I lost my interest to this group, a message popped out from my notification. It's from an unknown number. Who was this? I open the message and read the content.

"Yuki-kun. This is Karuizawa. I get this number from Hirata. Sorry,"

I looks at Hirata, who still chatting with students from Class B. Well, he's that kind of person, being everyone allies without discrimination.

I don't really like someone shared my private number but on other hand, it's make it easy for me to contact her.

"Hello, Karuizawa. Don't worry about that. So, when and where can we meet?"

"Can we meet right after this exam end? At the emergency door on our deck?"

Her response came back immediately after I sent the message.

The speed of her response made me wonder if she had just happened to
have been looking at her phone, or if she was waiting for me to respond.

"Okay, I'll be there early. Then, bye."

Though that location people always walk around its, its quite secluded and not many use that place because there's an elevator nearby. It's pretty ideal for meeting in secret.
.
.
.
Soon the 4th meeting on second day ends, I hastily walk to the promise location. I saw Kushida behind me, trying to catch up to me. She probably has frustrated waiting for a perfect chance to meet and talk with me alone, thus decided to face me head on.

Noticing her action, I increases my pace and quickly hide behind the emergency door that's just a few metres from my discussion room. I turn my phone to silent mode.

"This place was really quiet."

The echoes reflect on the wall. I use the stairs that will get me to the upper deck.

"There's really no one here. Even though the ship was big, I never expected there's a place like this. Is there a similar place like this?"

As I'm lost in thought, my phone suddenly vibrate and I looks at the screen.

It's Karuizawa that calls me which I answer it immediately.

"Yuki-kun. I'll be there now. So, wa---- Oi! What are you doing!?"

"Shut up!"

Clack!!

There's another girl voice before the call has been cut off. Then I hear a ka-chak sound of an emergency exit door slamming shut. From the upper floor at the emergency stairs, I peek at the deck below me and saw Karuizawa with other students.

"Hey. why'd you bring me to a place like this?!"

"Stop playing dumb! You did push Rika, didn't you? Start talking."

"H-huh? I already told you, you've got the wrong person!"

The three girls surrounded Karuizawa, forcing her up against the wall. They were preventing her from escaping. However, even surrounded, Karuizawa offered no apologies. She continued to deny what they were
saying.