The First Step

"Okay then we will move to the next problem"

Hirata then move to the next problem at hand.

"We've already heard some opinions, but I think we need to search around and decide where our base camp will be. Where we settle will impact how we consume our points. So does anyone here want to volunteer?"

When there's barely anyone want to take the initiative, Kushida then volunteer herself. Soon, one after another raise their hands. Even Ayanokoji, too.

"Hmm, Yuki-kun. You don't want to search too?"

"No, I don't. The people here are more than enough to search for our base camp."

Making up excuses, I refrained from searching together with them because it's too much work. I don't want to use too much energy in the early stage.

The people that doesn't join the searching group are me, Horikita, Hasebe and few random extra characters.

I then sit near beside Horikita. She then say something to me.

"Yuki-kun. What do you think about this exam?"

I look at her serious face but somehow appeared pale. Ignoring that,

"Well, the truth is I want to drop out now, return to the ship and continue play there."

"Please answer seriously. If not, I'll kick you."

"Hahaha. Relax, Horikita. Don't be so tense."

With a firm expression, I continue.

"As Yukimura and Hirata said, we need to persevere as much as possible in this exam or use the points for necessities. But, I think that was half correct thought."

"Why do you say that??

"In history of war or conquest, almost all of the time the nation that attacks that won in the end. So ideally, combine with the perseverance and attacking, we have a great chance to get more points."

"But, how do we want to attack?"

"I think we can claim as many spots as we can. Ideally, 3 spots will do the job."

"Hmm, I think you're right. But, it'll be a hassle for the leader to go for all 3 spots and claims them every 8 hours."

"Well, if one them is at our base camp, so we just need to consistently claim the other 2. But, the leader will easily be exposed by other classes. It's kinda hard. Do you think who should be our leader and handle those responsibility, Horikita?"

"To be honest, I don't know yet. But, if the leader has to claim 3 spots like you said, then he or she need to have high endurance to withstand this forest and a cautious person. But, I consider you as a good candidate."

"Haha, Horikita!! I never know you can crack a joke like that"

"No, I'm serious."

"Ohh, it's quite unexpected but thank you. Though you're just think highly of me."

"No, I'm just thoroughly analyse everyone ability and I conclude that you're the right person."

"Well, I've nothing to comment about that. Hey, do you want to eat something, Horikita?"

"Well, I hope to have some. But, I'm sorry that I can't help you find it right now."

"Haha, don't mind. I spot some fruits when we wonder around. You can rest."

She nodded, thanking me. She looks a bit out of her usual demeanour character.
.
.
.

"A river, a river! What an incredible feeling! And there was some kind
of mechanism installed around there! It could be a gadget to get right of
possession, or whatever! It's only a ten-minute walk from here, so let's
hurry!"