➶ Nine ➴

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

"Good morning Sicheng, how are you today?" Yuta greeted with a smile as Sicheng wheeled out of the house. Today was a special day, Yuta will be taking Sicheng out on a date. After many discussions, they have decided to go to the amusement park.

"Two tickets please," Yuta said to the person at the counter, who was a girl that had her buttoned-up uniform unbuttoned way too low.

Sicheng watched as the girl flirted with Yuta, who only smiled in response. Those two started having their own little conversation, only stopping when a guy at the back of the line shouted to tell them to hurry up. The girl slipped a piece of paper into Yuta's hands, presumably her phone number and did a 'call me' action.

After all that, Sicheng couldn't help but feel left out and a third-wheeler. He tried to stay in a good mood but only realised that a paralysed person going to the amusement park might not be the best option. Not only was it hard for him to go on rides, half the time he wasn't even allowed on due to his condition.

Nevertheless, Sicheng felt that Yuta understood what he was thinking, and tried his best to at least give Sicheng an enjoyable time. Because Sicheng could not go onto the rides, Yuta brought him to the claw machines and food stalls, along with the game booths.

"You want that bear?" Yuta suggested in a soft voice as they peered into the gift shop.

"No, it's quite expensive and way too big for me and my room." Sicheng shook his head.

Yuta nodded but told him to stay where he was as he rushed off into the shop. What was he going to do?

Moments later, Yuta came out of the shop with a gift bag in his hand. Inside, a medium-sized brown bear sat, with a large red ribbon tied around its neck, along with a letter in a yellow envelope. Sicheng wanted to open it, but Yuta stopped him.

"Open it when you get home," Yuta said.

By noon, when they were eating lunch, Yuta's phone kept ringing non-stop. Sicheng assumed it was his parents, or maybe his friends. Whatever it was, it must be private since Yuta didn't allow Sicheng to see and avoided his questions about it.

"Did you have fun today?"

"Y-yes. I enjoyed it very much." Sicheng answered, hugging the bear.

After that day, Sicheng was having mixed feelings, happy but sad, or was it actually jealousy?

The next few times they met up, Yuta was constantly on his phone texting or calling. Sicheng hoped he would at least talk to him on their date, but no, it never happened. It got so bad to the point where Sicheng won't even care about Yuta anymore.

It was only one day, did Sicheng find out the truth. Yuta had gone to the toilet, right before they were about to start watching a new Netflix series that came out. Yuta's phone was on, and Sicheng, even though he knew very well that it was wrong to go through someone's messages, decided to read the text.

As soon as he picked up Yuta's phone, it dinged, signalling a new message. It was from a girl, he knew because of how the contact was saved as 'Hyojoo' with a bunch of pink hearts after. He scrolled through the texts and was shocked.