➹ Fourteen ➷

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

"Good morning all! I am your principal, in case you haven't known, Mr Lee Soo Man!" The principal announced with a hearty smile.

"Today is the day we have all been waiting for, we will all finally meet the candidates for the Student Body President on this beautiful sunny day, 2nd April 2016!"

The students in the hall erupted with cheers and excitement. The voting and speeches was always a highlight of the school year. It was almost as if they were picking the next president for their country. The event would last for 3 days and on the 3rd and final day, the next School President will finally be announced. The current president will then pass the job over in a large yet fun event.

Then the new School President will pick the members of the Student Council, most of them being the candidates.

Sicheng had settled down beside his friends, Jungwoo, Kun and Taeil. The students were each seated in rows, with a walkway in the middle of the hall, lined with a Royal Blue velvet carpet, used to welcome the candidates.

"Please, let's all put our hands together, to welcome our first candidate! This student is not only smart and hardworking but also very much well-loved by almost every single student, known for his bright smile and iconic dimples. Please welcome the only son of the Jung's, Jung Jaehyun!" Mr Lee declared.

The students immediately started clapping, Jaehyun's clique even cheered and stood up

The students immediately started clapping, Jaehyun's clique even cheered and stood up. Jaehyun walked to the high table, ready to start his speech.

While everyone was listening, Yuta, however, was staring across at Sicheng, since they only had the walkway that divides them.

In the end, all Yuta caught from Jaehyun's speech was something he wishes to make a difference, something, he will something if you vote him and something something raise awareness, thank you.

⚜ 

"In my opinion, if you vote me as President, I will make sure that everyone will be treated with equality, no matter how you look, your family background, your race, skin colour or even your sexuality. There will be no bullying, and if I find of any, the culprit would be punished heavily. With that, I conclude my speech, and I hope you would vote for me. Thank you for your kind attention!" Doyoung ended his speech with a bright smile and bow.

 Thank you for your kind attention!" Doyoung ended his speech with a bright smile and bow

"That was a beautiful speech. I was very generally moved by that." Mr Lee came back on stage, pretending to wipe off a fake tear while having a hand on his heart.

"We have now come to the end of the Candidate Declamation, now, we shall proceed with the Candidate Talent Show." Mr Lee announced as he once again welcomed the candidates back on stage.

By the time this happened, Sicheng was already about to fall asleep, only waking up when Jungwoo shook him violently. He turned to his side and saw Yuta staring at him, Yuta smiled but Sicheng just rolled his eyes.

Jaehyun danced, and Doyoung sang Beautiful by Crush. The other candidates also performed some items, but Sicheng didn't care to remember or watch.

The audience of students and teachers were amazed by their hidden talents, hence cheered and clapped as loudly as they could.

After the session ended, many of the students would have already decided on who to vote, therefore immediately moving to the Voting Hall. For others, however, who have yet to make a decision, have until Friday, 3 April, to vote.

During lunchtime, the candidates moved around the cafeteria, giving handmade gifts and other items to the students to try to convince the students to vote for them. Doyoung stopped by their lunch table to give them some gifts too.

"You did great today Doyoung! I hope you win!" Jungwoo exclaimed as soon as he saw Doyoung walking towards them.

"Yea, I'm going to try to make my other friends vote for you." Kun added in.

"I think you will win. Considering how you've always been praised for your amazing work and attitude." Taeil said and patted his back.

"All the best!" Sicheng finally said with a small smile.

"Thank you all so much. I really appreciate all of you." Doyoung grinned.

Sadly, right after that, Doyoung was surrounded by girls, telling him that they would most definitely vote for him. Doyoung tried to escape but wasn't able to.

Jaehyun then walked towards him, seeing that, the girls quickly dispersed and moved to give way. Soon, the whole cafeteria was surrounding them, wondering what the 2 biggest competitors would say to each other.

Doyoung just stared at him with a raised eyebrow and arms folded in front of his chest. Jaehyun then leaned in to whisper something into his ears. The students tried to overhear but were unable to.

Right after Jaehyun finished whispering, Doyoung's ears turned as red as a tomato, which he immediately tried to cover. This scene didn't escape the students' eyes though, and they quickly started whispering amongst themselves.

Jaehyun turned around and winked at the girls, before walking off with his clique while the girls chased after them.

"Is there something...we don't know?" Kun asked after seeing that scene.

"N-oo no, nothin-g is going on. I'll just go ba-ck to class-s." Doyoung stuttered and quickly ran back to the classroom.

"Now that was kind of suspicious." Jungwoo shrugged.

"Best to keep the real truth a secret." Sicheng whispered loud enough for them to hear.

"Now that's even more suspicious!" Jungwoo placed his hands on his hips.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

hi all! sorry if this chapter was short, my sister needed the laptop for something earlier. so I had lesser time to write. I'll try my best to update every day, if not every Monday to Friday!

thank you so much for your understanding! I'm thinking of giving my readers a name, but I'm not very good with names and stuff, so just comment what you think! remember to always put yourself first, although yes it is good to think about others, but your life and your safety should come first, don't live for other people! 💚💚

11.16 am, 06/11/2020,

signing off,

Kimberly