➶ Thirteen ➴

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

The next day in school, the moment Sicheng got to the 3rd floor to get to the staff room to hand his Professor something, he was squished here and there. There was a huge commotion outside the staff room. Turns out, from what he heard from a random student, was that Doyoung and Jaehyun had signed up for Student Body President. Everyone was discussing who they thought would win.

When he arrived in the classroom, he realised that the news had spread like wildfire, the whole class was surrounding either Jaehyun or Doyoung. Sicheng wondered what they were making it seem like such a big deal. Only then did Taeil run up to him, seemingly having read his mind.

"The students have already discussed who they want to vote, yet they haven't even made their speeches. The girls are swooning over Jaehyun and his rumoured abs, thankfully most of the dudes are going to vote Doyoung, a sensible leader in my opinion." Taeil explained in one breath.

Sicheng tried to take in what Taeil just said, and wheeled over to his seat. As soon as they saw Yuta looking at them, Taeil quickly placed his arms around Sicheng's waist and sat down in the set beside him. Afterwards, Taeil started hugging Sicheng and only stopped when Yuta looked away.

"Hey, guys! I can't believe it, the 2 enemies are finally going against each other! I wonder who will win, and even better, maybe they'll fall in love!" Jungwoo exclaimed as he suddenly appeared from nowhere.

"I'm pretty sure they're actually-" Sicheng cupped his mouth before he could continue blabbering. He remembered that not everyone knew that they were actually friends!

"They what? What did you say?" Jungwoo asked with much curiosity.

"Nothing. He said nothing." Doyoung helped Sicheng answer as he walked to the friends.

"I'm glad you got enough courage to finally do this. I've been wanting to vote for you for years now you know?" Kun smiled and patted Doyoung's back.

"Yea. I'm glad too, I just hope I win." Doyoung said to himself softly as he thought about the bet he and Jaehyun had made the other day.

During break time, Sicheng was busy exploring the school. He soon found a grand piano in one of the large ballrooms used for Prom or Student Body president voting.

He immediately wheeled himself in and looked at the piano. It's been so long since he played one, the last time he remembered playing it was when he was still a child, before that incident.

Sicheng gently placed his delicate fingers on the piano keys. Sadly,  he couldn't use the piano pedals as he wasn't able to move his legs. He pushed the seat to the left with all his strength and positioned himself right in front of the piano. The first song that came into his mind was Canon in D Major. As he started playing, his fingers moved on its own,  seemingly able to remember all the practice he did as a child. I guess the muscle memory had built up.

Just as he started playing River Flows in You, Yuta entered the hall, quietly, and watching Sicheng from afar. He had never known that Sicheng could play the piano. He just stood there, listening to his favourite piano piece being played.

Only then did he notice how beautiful Sicheng was. His clear bright skin that looked so soft, his smooth brown locks that came running down his face like a waterfall. His beauty was like the sun during golden hour, or the moon in the middle of a full moon night. Both shining and glimmering at its finest. Everything he did was so gentle as if he was too afraid to break them.

Before Yuta could continue, Sicheng's 7th sense told him that someone was there. He quickly whipped his head around, only to see Yuta staring at him with hands in his pockets.

"I guess you've found my hidden hideout." Yuta broke the silence between them.

"This isn't yours. Anyone can use it." Sicheng replied coldly with a glare.

"Your playing was amazing though. I never knew you could play." 

"And I never knew you could compliment others." Sicheng rolled his eyes.

Before Yuta could say anything else, Sicheng had already left the hall.

⚜ 

"Hi, Sicheng. I saw you with Yuta in the Grand Hall just now. Is everything okay?" Kun asked when they met in the corridor. 

"Yes." Sicheng answered with 1 word. Which meant that he was annoyed and not in the mood to talk.

Why was Sicheng annoyed though? He himself didn't even know. Maybe just seeing Yuta's face makes him annoyed. Maybe he was scared he would fail his exams this year and lose his scholarship. He didn't know.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

that's the end of chapter 13! I finished this chapter earlier than expected so I'll be working on the next chapter. these few days have been very chill, in fact, I'm thinking of trying digital art sometime, and using my art in some of my fanfics. :D

I hope everyone is feeling okay, spend your time wisely, do your homework and listen in class! don't procrastinate and study hard okay? if you need any help in schoolwork, you can dm me on either Twitter or on here. I'll try to help you all the best I can! love yourself, and even if the sky is falling, remember you live only for yourself and not others!

have a happy nana!💚🌿

9.34 am, 05/11/2020,

signing off,

Kimberly