➹ Twelve ➷

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

"Honestly, I just wanted to say it's so great to have you as a friend, and that you mean so much to me. My parents are happy that I'm able to be with a good company like you. You've been able to change me, from my rebellious self, to who I am now. Thank you for everything that you have done for me." Jaehyun said as the pair continued walking down the path of peach blossoms.

"You say that like you're about to move to another area and we'll never meet again." Doyoung remarked with a light-hearted laugh.

"Well...I wouldn't know."

"Wait. You're really going to go?" Doyoung stopped in his tracks and uttered out.

"I don't know, I hope not, but my parents are going to open a new building at Chungcheong and they don't want me to miss out, since I'll be taking over as the new boss of the company the moment I reach 18." Jaehyun revealed the truth.

"Will you...come back though? You're also so close to 18, just 2 more years."

"I hope I will, but it's not guaranteed."

The moment Jaehyun said the last few words, Doyoung immediately gushed into Jaehyun to give him a huge, warm hug.

Stunned, Jaehyun didn't know what to do, but soon, very awkwardly put his hands on Doyoung's back to hug his as well.

"I will miss you, with all my heart. When are you leaving though?"

"My parents have discussed with me, most likely next Saturday morning."

"That means we'll spend the whole 2 weeks together! We will do everything that you want. Are you still going to run for Student Body President though?"

"Of course! I'm not losing the bet with you. The sign-ups end on Wednesday, voting ends on Friday, the announcement of the winner is on Monday, and may the best man win." Jaehyun smirked.

Sicheng, following them behind, felt like a third-wheeler, I mean, he always felt like one, but this time, it hit him much harder than the times before. He was just about to leave when he heard Jaehyun mention Yuta's name.

"You know Yuta hyung isn't actually as bad as he seems. You just didn't know about his past."

"Hmm? What sad past did he experience?"

"It all began the moment he was born. Let's just say his parents expected so much more from him the moment he was born. He was sent to so many enrichment classes when he was still young, which meant he never had a proper childhood."

"Okayy...so?"

"Then it all came crashing down when he first told his parents that he didn't want to take over the company. His parents were so disappointed, even threatened to sell him away. Since they were quite famous for owning the large business of furniture, they didn't want the public to know that the only heir didn't even want to inherit the company, so they kept it all a secret."

"Hmm...continue." Doyoung gestured to Jaehyun as they continued walking down the flowering path.

"When he was younger, he went to this private school, which had international students too. Some of them have also come here to study at the school we are at now. Back then, he had no friends and was constantly bullied because, at that time, his family's business was just starting, so everyone assumed that he was poor. Everyone else was born with gold and silver, including you and me, but he wasn't. It got so bad to the point where he even tried to kill himself, not once, but multiple times in fact."

"Oh my, that escalated really quick. Is he okay now?" Doyoung asked in shock.

"I'm pretty sure he is okay now, but the fear still exists in him, its like trauma, but not that bad. The only person that actually helped him during that time, was a young boy named Johnny."

"Johnny, as in Johnny Seo? The one in your clique?"

"Yep. Then they became really good friends. Until now." Jaehyun ended Yuta's life story dramatically by raising his arms high up in the air.

"I guess we really shouldn't judge a book by its cover. He's been through so much, but we never knew." Doyoung sighed in disbelief.

"He told me, the only way to his heart," Jaehyun whispered into Doyoung's ear upon noticing Sicheng following behind, "is through music, his lifelong passion." 

"Why did you suddenly whisper? Oh, hi Sicheng." Doyoung waved awkwardly, seeing Sicheng behind them, "Have you been following us since just now?"

"Uh, it's kind of hard to explain. See you guys tomorrow!" Sicheng flushed in embarrassment and wheeled off in the speed of lightning.

The pair laughed at Sicheng's cute behaviour and continued walking home. 

Doyoung's hand unknowingly brushed against Jaehyun's and, taking a deep breath, Jaehyun gently intertwined their fingers together. Their hands fit perfectly, like puzzle pieces finally placed in their correct spots.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

that's the end of this chapter! this chapter is more of an insight to Yuta's life so as to give more context and depth to the story! thank you so much for your continuous support for this book. I'm hoping to be able to finish this book with at least 20 chapters or so.

love kpop, love life but don't forget about your studies and homework. remember to hydrate yourself every once in a while, and get at least 7-8 hours of sleep. you are beautiful and amazing. love yourself!!💚💚

have a nomin! (ps. nomin superior, i don't make the rules)

 nomin superior, i don't make the rules)

11.57 am, 04/11/2020,

signing off,

Kimberly