13 Not That Bad

You walked through the kingdom of Corona, feeling...free. You had been in the prison for, what? Four years? Only because you stole a few...okay, a lot of precious items.

'It seems just as cheerful as it was before,' you thought watching four red head girls skip passed you. 'Guess Buck Teeth didn't actually make them pay. What a shame.'

As you were about to go into the Sweet Shop to...borrow a few candy bars, you spotted a boy near a fountain. He looked like Varian, but was wearing a genuine smile on his face while doodling in his journal. Wait....

'The hell?!' you thought, unintentionally staring at him, 'that can't be....'

"AYE BUCK TEETH!" You yelled to the boy and he looked up by habit. The boy's eyes widened when he realized who called to him. He ran up to you happily. "Y/N ITS YOU!" he says excitedly, hugging you. "It's you...." you repeat, but in a "what the hell" tone.

The ocean eyed boy looked at you confused. "Why do you sound so...weirded out?" You furrowed your eyebrows as if it wasn't obvious. "Uh maybe because last time I saw you, you left me alone in the jail cell because you 'needed to make Corona pay as soon as possible,' which by the way, doesn't even look like you did," you responded, motioning your hand around you.

He rubbed his neck awkwardly. "Well about that, plans changed. I think that the way I'm living now would make me happier than my...original plan. I'm one of the good guys now!"

"Well no shit."

Varian blinked. "Were you always this mean? I don't remember-" "I've always been the same, but you, you lost your nerve. Kind of sad, you had so much potential."

Varian chuckled. 'Why is it so hard talking to her, I remember it being easier,' he thought realizing you were walking away. "Anyway, what are you planning today?" Varian asked, keeping up with you.

"Well, I just got out of prison since SOMEONE didn't help me escape even thought they were escaping themselves," you responded. Varian looked uncomfortable. "Oh don't be so tensed up, I got over it. Today I'm planning to steal some things, steal some more, and at the end of the day, find...somewhere to sleep."

Varian looked at you empathetically. You raised an eyebrow at him. "Never seen that expression on you before. Before, you probably would've said something like 'good luck with that'. What are you planning Buck Teeth?" you asked.

"I'm sure my dad would let you stay with me," he responded, as you stole an apple from a food stand when the owner wasn't looking. You were about to take a bite out of the apple when Varian took it out of your hand and put it back on the stand.

"Hey, that was supposed to be my lunch." "As I was saying," Varian went on ignoring what you said, "I'm sure my dad would let you stay with us." "Absolutely no-" "Free food," Varian cut you off smirking.

"You little bitch," you sighed. He knew you couldn't pass up free food. You thought it out for a few seconds. "Fine, fine."

"I knew you could never say no to me," he said, still smirking. "There's the Varian I know and hate," you said, smiling without realizing it. His smug expression turned into a confused one. "Y'know, the asshole," you responded looking ahead of you.

"Hey, I wasn't that bad," he responded, hurt. "Oh yes you were, but it's better than whatever this is," you responded, motioning your arm up and down at Varian. "Seriously, did they like...give you something? A potion, or some shit to fuck with your brain?" you asked.

"N-no, and if you're coming with me, you need to cool it with the language," he said, looking down at you. "What? So now I have to change habits just to stay somewhere? If anything, I'm better off sleeping under some tree," you scoffed, kicking a rock as you walked. All of a sudden, Varian grabbed hold of your arm and steered you in a different direction.

You groaned. "Where are you taking meeee?" Varian just kept walking. "We are going to teach you how to be nice."  'I can't seem to catch a break can I?' you thought, not even trying to pull away.

Time skip to Varian's house brought to you by my obsession with Wattpad~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My dad is out running some errands, so we should take advantage of that time," he says opening the door. "Yeah yeah whatever, let's just get this over with," you responded looking around.

"First order of business, no cursing." Varian came up from behind you and took a ring from your pocket. "Hey, what the he-" Varian raised an eyebrow at you, "eeeeck. What the heck? See? Didn't curse Now give it back," you said, snatching it back.

"Is that ring...stolen by any chance?" Varian asked crossing his arms. "Nooooo, I payed for it," you say sarcastically, "of course I stole it!" Varian mentally facepalmed, holding a hand out. "What?" you asked, looking at his hand. He looked at you with a i'm-not-stupid expression and continued to hold his hand out.

"Fine! Fine," you responded, taking out a bunch of stolen items from your pockets, boots, and cloak, finishing by giving Varian his own goggles. Varian put his hand on his head. "How did you? You know what, never mind. Second order of business, no, and I mean NO, stealing."

You rolled your eyes. "I can't just STOP stealing, that's what i'm about!" "Correction, that's only your rep. You can stop stealing whenever you want to, especially since you won't have to pay for much," he clapped back (as he should PERIOD).

"But-" "FREE FOOD-" "I REALLY DONT LIKE YOU....Fiiiiiine. I won't steal...while I'm staying with you."

"Good," he responded putting the stolen items on his bed. That's when you both heard a door open. "Showtime ."

To be continued?

A/n: I originally wanted this to only be one part, but if you guys liked it, I'll do a part two!

Until next time

-Clementine and Varian!