21 Confessing (Knight In Shining Armor sequel)

@AnimeGirl4life93 requested part 2!

You had just finished battling against a group of knights from another kingdom trying to kill Varian. The two kingdoms weren't on good terms from the last time they battled killing his mother.

You were bleeding and had multiple cuts everywhere, some not that bad, and others 10 on a scale. You were slightly lightheaded, but the adrenaline was rushing through you and you were happy you managed to keep the prince safe.

You put your sword away and stumbled to Varian. "Wasn't...that...awesome?!" You ask him, pausing every few words. You were definitely light headed.

Varian looked back at you, but not with the same excited expression you were wearing. Instead it was an expression of fear and relief at the same time. You didn't notice it and didn't wait for him to respond.

"Hey are you okay?" You ask, approaching him. "Huh?" He responds, that expression not leaving his face. "Are you okay? No injuries, mild or bad, you can walk properly, let me see."

You gently put your hand on his chin, tilt his head to the right, no injuries. Left, nope and he seemed to be walking just fine. "I'm fine," Varian said, "but what about you?!" You furrowed you eyebrows "What?"

"You're badly injured, why are you acting like everything's fine?! Y/n, you're asking me if I can walk properly, when you can't yourself. Do you even care about your wellbeing? Because I do, I really do," he started breaking down right in front of you.

You slightly smiled, "My job is to protect you, make sure you're okay. I don't have time to think about my wellbeing, nor do I find it necessary." You were about to get back on your horse when the boy grabbed your hand.

"You're getting in the carriage," he said firmly. "Don't be silly-" "That is an order." Your eyes slightly widened. Varian had never given you an order. It felt...not good. But nevertheless, it was still your duty to listen to him.

You sighed. "Hey, Alex, you're in charge of the carriage. Don't get us lost," you said to one of the knights before getting in the carriage with the prince.

You pick up the satchel resting in the middle of you two, and take bandaging from it. You wrap it around most of your wounds in silence and avoid eye contact with V. "Hey...are...are you mad at me?" He asked hesitantly.

You didn't respond, just continued to wrap the bandage around the worst cut on your stomach. You rip as much as you need off with your teeth, and tie it.

You felt Varian's sad expression staring at you. You sigh. "I just don't get it. You were so excited for me to be your personal knight. Something I've been training my whole life for. And you suddenly switch up when I did become your guard. Always worried about me and not letting me fully do my job. Like an overprotective helicopter parent," you roll your eyes.

"Even my mom says that I was made to be your night. Literally I was only born because you were needed a protector."

Varian was speechless. Is that how you saw him? Is that seriously how he was treating you? He just wanted to keep you safe, but I guess he can't do that to a guard can he?

"Why did you switch up? Why are you so overprotective? Why are you worried I'll get-" you couldn't finish that question. Your lips were occupied at the moment if you catch my drift.

Varian couldn't go his whole life without telling, or in this case, showing you how he felt. Varian pulled away after a few seconds and you just say there shocked.

"Did you just?"

"Yep"

"After I?"

"Mhm"

"And we?"

"Yeah"

"Did you just caught up in the moment or did that kiss actually mean something?" You ask hopefully. You had never seen yourself falling for Varian. But it wasn't until right now that you realized how much you actually loved him the whole time. You just weren't exposed to love or more specifically someone being in love, so you wouldn't have known anyway.

"It...I...it meant something. Well multiple things. I just," Varian sighs, "I love you too much. It worries me whenever you have to protect me and I'm just scared of losing you. I know, I know, I have to let you live your dream, but it seems like you never think for yourself. You need to be more careful."

You chuckled, "I know, I know, that's something I'll have to work on." You paused, as you were filled with realization. "You can't like me, we can't like each other. You have to marry a princess or prince from another kingdom! Isn't that law?!"

Varian smiled. "I'm a prince...I am the law...."

A/n: yep that was it, I hope it was a satisfying ending for you guys! Yeah, Ik I haven't posted another chapter to this book in like...a month, I've been busy with schoolwork and stuff. Hey, I have an idea! To keep you occupied, why don't you check out my other books and possibly drop a follow? Eh, eh? 🙃 lmao I'll stop now

Until next time

-Clementine