The Past

"Ok I'll tell you." Yozora said. "Ok just to make sure no one comes barging into the room I'll lock the door." Yaoyorozu said as she went to the door. "I can't believe I'm doing this." Yozora thought.

"Ok I want to know, why do you wear the mask?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"It's the last thing my mother gave me before her death. It always makes me feel better and I know I'll be ok with it on." "I'm so sorry. I'm glad you have an item to remember her by. Ok so what's with your father? Why don't you want to talk about him?" Yaoyorozu asked.

Yozora took off his mask and moved his hair to show his face to say this. "He's the reason I have this on my face." He said in the most serious tone Yaoyorozu has ever heard.

The 3 deep scars across his face was always something he remembered about his dad.

The scars almost resembled a wolf's claws scratching a tree.

"After my mom died, my father became more... aggressive. He was mad over the littlest things and I just so happen to mess up and I don't know he just kind of... snapped. His quirk is just him doing anything a wolf can do and his claws came out and he scratched me across the face." Yozora said while feeling the scars on his face.

"After that incident, he began to distance himself from me. He never wanted to say sorry and that just make me grow my hatred towards him. I know he gets home from work but I never see him in the house. I haven't seen his face after that incident."

"Oh my goodness... I didn't know this happened to you. Has anyone ever tried to heal it?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"Yeah. I mean he got the best doctors in America just to fix the damage. This is the best they could do. They say it'll stay on my face forever but over time it'll be faint lines but for now, it's just semi-deep holes. At least he didn't get my eyes or mouth." Yozora said while making a small laugh.

"I know I don't show it but sometimes I wish that my mom was here just so I know that everything will be ok. I mean she said she wanted me to be something great and I wanted to be a hero just for... her." Yozora said this while tears starting forming in his eyes.

"I miss her so much everyday and I just wish I was able to say goodbye before she died." Yozora said in a shaky voice. He could hardly be able to finish before he started crying. "Oh Yozora." Yaoyorozu said as she went to hug him.

"It sounds so painful just to hear you talk about your life. It must've taken a lot of courage to talk about this with me. But don't worry, in this class we can be able to be here for you and when you're in pain, you can always talk about it with me." Yaoyorozu said as they were hugging.

"Thank you Yaoyorozu. Thank you for not judging my life and understanding who I am as a person." Yozora said. He had calmed down and felt better after that hug.

Something inside him told him that he needed a hug from someone and that he had to let out his pent up feelings.

"Ok well I'm feeling much better and I'm all caught up in math so thank you for helping me." Yozora said as he put his mask back on and was moving to the door.

"Anytime Yozora. Oh and before you go." She went to hug him one last time before he left. "Thank you again. Well see you tomorrow." Yozora said as he left.

As he sat in his room, he looked at the photo of him and his mom. He made a small smile and thought about what Yaoyorozu said. He then began thinking about Yaoyorozu as a person.

He never realized how caring and smart she was. He also never realized how cute she was and when she smiled it look like stars were in her eyes. "Looks like I have a crush on Yaoyorozu." Yozora said as he laid in bed. He went to sleep with a smile on his face.

Authors note: uh oh looks like someone has a crush in this story. If any of you were able to spot this back in the student vs student arc, then congratulations. Let's just see how this friendship goes as the story moves along. I am deeply sorry for the long chapter. It's about time you guys knew about Yozora's past. Until the next chapters