Fixed Kiss

America's POV

I could feel Russia staring me down. I had never responded to his text about what had happened. I was used to ignoring it afterward. Ignoring my families stares. Ignoring that pity look I got from my mom and dad.

And now, ignoring Russia.

"So, we have to identify five rock crystals and write about their formation and stuff." I read to him my jot notes I took from class. His lack of response made the metaphorical spotlight he had on me grow brighter.

It has been two days since what happened at the park. I'd rather forget it and move on, but it's not easy. Especially with Russia bugging me about it. Doesn't help that I'm over at his house again, working on our school project.

"So, I can start doing that and you can start getting our experiment part of our thing down, then." I closed my notebook, the usually quiet sound cutting through the air like a knife.

"Amerrrica, ansver my question."

"Russia, work on the experiment." I quickly shot back as I reached into my bag to grab out my laptop. Should be easy to find some stuff online, so I'm not too worried.

"Amerrrica-"

"Can we just leave it alone?!" I snapped.

His eyes widened when I shouted. My head lowered out of guilt. I didn't mean to do that, I just wanted to forget about it. Shove it down and ignore it even exists.

"Nyet. Zat seemed serrrious Amerrrica." Russia set both his hands down on the table with force to emphasize the word 'serious'.

"No, it really wasn't. I just had.... Um, something bad to eat that day. Nothing big."

"Bullshit."

His tone made me wince. No matter what I told him, he would know I would be lying. But I'm not telling him the truth, either, so he'd have to let it go.

"Tell me, and I'll tell you everrrything zat Poland and Gerrrmany told me."

Damn it.

"No, don't do that to me man. This is serious."

"Ahh, but I zought you said it vasn't serrrious." Russia crossed his arms and raised his head in pride of getting something out of me. I frowned and sighed in defeat. So I can't go down the route of 'it's nothing bad' anymore. Fake a personal problem? Or just try to lie again? And risk angering him more and being possibly hurt by him? No thanks, I chose life.

"Fine. It's just something that happens once in a while and I can't stop it, there, happy?" I crossed my arms and snapped at him. This time, no guilt from doing so.

"Vell, Poland and Gerrrmany had a grrreat time. But afterrrvarrrd, zey both did something zey rrregrrretted." Russia then stood and started on his hunt through the cupboards.

"That was really vague, what happened for real?" I watched him move around, gathering things in an organized formation. Something they regretted? What was it? Germany did have an expression that was kind of like guilt whenever he looked at Poland. But he was also wearing Germany's jacket when I had last seen him. So it couldn't have been that bad.

"The ansver you give equals the ansver I give." Russia flatly explained, but I knew at this point he had a smug smile on his face. That jerk one-upping me when I'm the one that is supposed to do that.

"Fine. I'll just pester Germany some more about it, he'll break eventually." My voice dripped with anger as I stared at the back of his head. I opened my laptop and began to work on the project that we had a few weeks to do. Russia didn't ask any more questions, so I assume that meant he finally figured out that I wasn't going to say anything more.