Halloween

(Have some late Halloween crack kiddos.)

Narrator’s POV

It was a calm start to the holiday, school was over, countries dressed in costume, younger countries laughed as they played tricks on each other. Everything was at peace, each leaf that fell from the tree acted as a countdown to the oncoming winter, a beautiful ticking that never had an unsettling ambiance to it. Decorations played the scary music, flashed their colorful lights, and held up the spirit of the month. Nothing could go wrong.

That is until America opened his goddamn mouth.

“Come on bitches, its spoopy time!” His voice screeched as he burst out of his house, almost kicking down the door. 

“Please calm down, son.” Britain walked out of the house behind him, his arm wrapped around France’s waist.  They both were dressed rather fancy, a norm for Britain, and were heading out to a party. It would have been perfect for a small sneaky party to happen since they wouldn't be back till early in the morning, but America had other plans. Plus he had to sit for an entire lecture by his father about coming home to find not a thing out of place. He wasn't the only one, his other siblings had to sit through it with him, but he could tell it was directed mostly at him.

"Please be careful, and mak sure you stik wiv yur friends." France broke free from Britain just so she can pinch America's cheeks like she had done since he was young.

"Moooom, that hurts. And you're going to ruin my face paint." He complained while wearing a smile. He had the makeup that resembled Pennywises' from the famous horror movie and wore a wig that resembled his hair. His costume fit it almost to a tee, the only thinking sticking out about it like a sore thumb was his persistent sunglasses.

"Have fun and don't cause trouble." Britain ruffled his son’s wig to mess it up a little bit. America made a pouty face and quickly tried to straighten it out.

While his parents went one way, America ran down the road to South Korea’s house. It was a shared house between him and his brother North, but neither of them has fully grasped the concept of “sharing”. A lot of the house is divided up in half, even the decorations and wallpaper marked the split in different rooms. Other doors were fully chained up, the key to every single one North claimed was on his person at all times. South didn't need to keep his on him, he was a very effective hider.

Even from the outside, you can see the split. Half the house was painted in a dark navy blue and bits of red, while the other was white with blue and red accents. It must be frustrating living with someone who is overprotective of what’s theirs’ and won't let you go into half the rooms in the house, America thought to himself as he hurried up the steps.

“Yo, South!” He yelled as he knocked on the white side of the door. “You ready to go hunt some ghosts!”

A few minutes later, South opened the door. He looked like his normal self, albeit dressed in less vibrant clothes and had a surgical mask over his mouth. Since he wouldn’t normally wear that until later in the year, America’s eyes lingered on it. Maybe it was a part of a costume, a lazy one and unclear, but a costume. South Korea hadn't been too big on Halloween after all but recently had been getting excited about it more.

And he was excited about it today and had been preparing for when America came over.

“Am I pretty?” South Korea asked, changing his voice to sound feminine, and tilting his head in a creepy way.

America furrowed his brows but went along with it. “Yeah, man, you’re gorgeous.”

SK smiled, his eyes squinting upwards. Slowly, with a single finger, he lowered his surgical mask, letting it drop down below his neck and resting on his collarbone.