Beach Day

A little warning, the F word is written in this, and you all know I don't mean fuck. 

Narrator’s POV

Once again, North Korea was being dragged to a gathering by his brother.

As South was going on about another song he was writing, North blocked him out and focused on the view in front of him. The long path made of white sand made it hard for him to keep his formal strides, his sandals slipping occasionally. A mess of green trees grew around the sides, their branches overhead creating a tunnel to the beach they were heading to. Exotic birds sung in the trees, flying from branch to branch. The warm air annoyed North, as he couldn’t wear his usual uniform and had resorted to casual attire. A light tank top with dark green shorts and black sandals. Color scheme-wise, it was the same. 

Philippines had invited a bunch of countries over for a beach day, South being one of them. At first, Phil was kind of against South bringing along his brother but was then talked into it.

“See I told you it looked amazing!” South exclaimed as they stepped out of the shadows and into the bright sunlight. North took a moment to adjust his eyes to the light, cupping his hand over them to help. The view was indeed beautiful, one that he wouldn’t deny. The bright light blue waters mixed with white sand and a clear sky above. It was picture perfect, a scene from a pamphlet.

It took his breath away. 

The one thing that would make it all better was if he was the only one there. 

In the waters, he spotted a few different countries, the ones he immediately noticed however was America, Russia, Vietnam, and the one who invited them running up to the two. 

South and Phil greeted each other and quickly went into a conversation, to which North ignored. He looked around trying to see who else was there, spotting Canada and Mexico in the shade of an umbrella, Indonesia, and Malaysia sitting on what looked like a patio with beach chairs and a few bright umbrellas. The beach was a small spot, almost cupped by forested cliff-sides. They weren’t that high, he could still see the landscape behind them. Movement caught his eye and he focused on top of one of the cliffs. There he spotted another country, a little too far away to make out any defining features beyond his blue skin, standing on top of the cliff.

North watched with interest as he saw the figure get close to the edge then turn and walk away. They disappeared into the trees that grew on top of the cliff, and he leaned over slightly to try and see where the unknown country went to. After a moment, he spotted them running from the trees towards the cliff’s edge. They jumped, did a spin, and landed into the water in a dive. 

“Who was that?” North gasped watching the figure emerge from the water. 

“Oh that’s my brother Martial Law,” Phil answered then went back to talking with South. 

North didn’t know Philippines even had a brother. Then again, he didn’t really care to know. Martial walked along the waters edge then up to the patio where he stayed standing. Probably talking to the countries there.

“He doesn’t bite, you can talk to him if you want, you know?” South pokes North's side for fun and North shot him a glare. 

“I’ll just sit and read.” 

Sticking to his usual isolation, North picked a spot where he spotted an empty chair and umbrella to sit at. The moment he did, he took out his book he brought with him and continued off on the last page he had left off on. 

As he sat in isolated peace, the other countries noticed him and breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Whoo, I thought I’d have to throw these hands.” America laughed, holding up his hands in fists and punching the air. Russia rolled his eyes and pushed America into the water, getting a laugh from Vietnam. That prompted a fight, America jumping out from the water and knocking Russia down, who bumped into Vietnam and pushed him down.