Interesting Development

Russia's POV

"I did not sleep well," America complained to me like I could do something about it. I looked at him unamused, the light in the classroom unbearably bright. He did not know what a lack of sleep was.

"По крайней мере, ты не пил себя спать (At least you didn't drink yourself to sleep)," I muttered and rubbed my forehead to try and soothe the headache that still lingered. Another night of pain and misery, bad memories and just creating more of them. Vodka helps soothe the pain. For a little bit, at least.

"I still can't speak Russian. All I got from that was a bunch of nonsense." America yawned and stretched out his arms. I rolled my eyes, not really wanting to give him the translation.

"Why arrre you so exhausted, zen?" I questioned him, figuring that I can use his pointless rambles to take my mind off of last night. At least, the parts of it I could remember.

"Germany and Poland were up late last night."

"What verrre zey doing, fucking?"

"Oh thank God no!" He melted in his relief from what I suggested not being true. "No, they were just talking and laughing loudly. Couldn't sleep because of that."

I nodded slowly, trying not to make the room spin more than it already was. Fucking headaches man.

"Besides, if they were, I wouldn't want to talk about it."

I grunted in response and held my eyes shut. Just for a second, I told myself. Drowsiness almost made me fall onto my side of the table, but I quickly shot up and opened my eyes. Then they started to shut again. I was so tired.

"Dude, you look like shit. What happened to you last night?" America took note of my small moment of almost passing out. I meekly mumbled something in response before rubbing my eyes again.

"Rrrough night. Same as alvays."

The last time I had a rough night like last night, Ukraine had found me in the garden covered in dirt with an empty bottle of vodka in my hand. She threw me in our wheelbarrow and physically dropped me off in my class. That wasn't a good morning.

The rest of the school day went by as a blur. Countries came and talked, and it never really felt like they were there. Just shadows, hallucinations of what I wanted to happen maybe. But America was the one I knew was real. That annoying little bastard wouldn't leave me alone.

"So I ended up telling them off, and now they are angry at me."

"What are you going on about?"

"I don't know man, your not exactly a great conversationalist."

"Whateverrr." I rolled my eyes and headed to my locker. Not surprisingly, America fallowed me. This time I didn't bother to tell him to go away, cause it hadn't worked at all today. But my brother came up to me and was surprised that I had a tail.

"Бауырым, сіздің артыңыздан американдық бар. (Brother, there is an American following you.)" Kazakhstan joked pointing to him. He looked up at me confused, expecting a translation.

"Я знаю, он не оставит меня в покое. (I know, he won't leave me alone.)" I opened my locker and grabbed my ripped and used bookbag. I would get a new one, but I never really bothered to. Or cared.

"You guys are talking about me ain't ya'?" America crossed his arms.
"Бұл күлкілі, әдетте бәрі сізді жалғыз қалдырады. (That's funny, usually everyone leaves you alone.)" Kazakhstan poked fun at my lack of people skills. I rolled my eyes and just shoved him back. His golden wings flared up a little bit, almost slapping America in the face. I grabbed him by his arm and pulled him out of the way before he could get hit.

"Ну, этот не такой, как все. (Well, this one isn't like everyone.)" I let America go and he looked between me and my brother again.

"Yeah, you guys are talking about me."

"Wanna walk home together?" Kazakhstan asked me in English, eyeing America. I nodded about to say goodbye to America, but the annoying country tugged on my arm like a child.

"No, you said we were gonna hang out later today," he whined about something I didn't remember agreeing to. To be honest, I ignored him and just gave empty automatic answers half the time he was talking to me. Damn, I must've agreed to it without thinking.

"Did I rrreally?" I tried to get out of it, eyeing my brother for help. Sometimes with my siblings, we can give each other looks and mentally communicate. In this case, he knew what I wanted, he just thought it would be funny to annoy me.

"Don't worry, Rus. I can pick up our younger siblings by myself," Kazakhstan gave me a smug smile as I glared at him. He spun on his heels and started to walk away. But before he was gone completely, he shouted back to us, "Hang out with America, you do need to get out more. Just don't kill him."

"I kan't prrromise zat," I muttered through clench teeth.

"Ahh, shut up, you love me." America started to already push my buttons. "But don't worry, Russy, it's not just me. I asked Germany if he wanted to hang out today but he was bringing Poland along, too."

I nodded in relief. "По крайней мере, я не буду с тобой наедине. (At least I won't be alone with you.)"

"What?"

"Nothing, Amerrrica. Nothing." I patted his back as we walked off.

~~~~~~~~~

"Я никогда не должен был ничего говорить. (I should never have said anything.)"

We were sitting alone at a fast-food restaurant, to wait for Poland and Germany. But I just got a text from them saying they can't make it.

"Okay I recognized 'I' and 'never.'" America pointed at me with a fry. I raised a brow, actually kinda impressed he learned something. But that small spark of a feeling was squandered when he almost knocked over his drink putting his arm down.

"Shit!" He exclaimed catching it before it fell.

"идиот. (Idiot)"

"That one I recognize, and you say it all the time to me," He once again surprised me. But of course, it could be because it sounds very similar to the English translation.

"Vell, if zey arrren't koming why arrre ve still herrre?" I slumped back in my best and crossed my arms. Outside it was still bright out, and America suggested we take a window seat. Kind of happy we did, it made me feel less stuck and I could just look out of it and collect my thoughts.

"Because" America snapped me from the beginnings of my dozing off. He swallowed his drink and continued, "I'm still eating and you have yet to order."

"I'm not hungrrry." I once again lied to him.

America raised a brow and scanned my posture. I suddenly felt uneasy but didn't show it. America is smaller than me, I can easily take him down.

"Okay, sure." He shrugged and went back to eating. "Anyways, now that we are friends-"

"Hold on. Frrriends?" I tilted my head and gave him a confused look.

"Duh, yeah. We are now friends, whether you like it or not."

"Zanks forrr giving me choice."

"You're welcome." He smiled at me and I couldn't help but feel somewhat positive about establishing a new comrade. Even if it's America, he still is very useful. Plus, he somehow cares or finds me interesting, enough to want to hang out. Most countries don't do that.

America tapped my hand that was resting on the table and motioned his head to the side. Without seeming suspicious, I looked around the room to get a quick scan of everything.

"Japan is staring at us. She's been doing that for the past ten minutes now."
I spotted the Neko sitting in a booth, phone up to her ear, looking directly at us. I scanned over her and turned back to America. He nodded at me and I nodded back.

"Is she spying on us orrr something?" I asked, keeping my previously relaxed stature. Acting like you don't know someone is spying on you is hard unless you have the practice that I do.

"I don't know. You read the text she sent last night? Weirdo has me caught up in one of her ships." He took a drink of what he had. I did remember reading that, but I also remember telling him that we basically ignored it.

"Probably stalking me to see how I can hook up with who is on the other end of her weird ship."

"Hmm, " I hummed as I rubbed my chin. "So it's veirrrd if she ships people, but norrrmal if you do the same?"

He paused, thinking about the reality of what I told him. "Know what?" He held out a finger at me, about to object. Instead, he mumbled, "shut up."

I laughed and he just shook his head at me. He was smiling, too, so I knew he didn't take it too seriously.

"Still though. What are we going to do about her?" America brought us back to the main topic. I shrugged, not really knowing if we could do anything.

"Hmm. Head home and see if she follows you." I suggested, hoping he would think that was a good idea and do that. Unfortunately, he's not as dumb as I thought he was.

"Uh uh, I see what you are trying to do," America pushed aside his empty food containers. "You're trying to get rid of me, but I' m like a parasite. Once I'm in, it's difficult to get rid of me."

"Vell you arrre a parrrasite alrrright." I smiled at the open insult he let me have. America frowned. But then he got that dreadful smirk.

"Ahh, do you not like me?"

"Nyet."

"But I like you~" the fucker decided to flirt with me. I held back a disapproving growl and looked away.

"Ahh, Russia, are you shy?" He leaned forward, setting his chin down on his hands. "Why? Has no one ever told you how hot you are?~"

"Shut up, beforrre I make you." I glared at him, a weird feeling growing in my stomach from his last comment. I could tell my face was warm with embarrassment, and that frustrated me.

"Fine, fine." He stood up to take care of his food. But when he came back over he didn't sit back down. It confused me until he said, "I'll stop bugging you for today. But, tomorrow you have to hang with me and maybe someone else, too."

Thinking about it for a second, I figured that it wouldn't be the worst thing.

"Alrrright, fine. See you tomorrrow zen." I agreed and watched a satisfied America leave to head off wherever he was going. I glanced over to Japan and noticed she was no longer looking over in my direction, nor did she show any interest in fallowing America. Maybe we were wrong?

I looked out the window and saw America walking along the sidewalk. He looked around and was scrolling through his phone. Such a bland sight, almost blending right into the background. But I still found it the only thing interesting to see.

Jaaapaaann is a spy! *le gasp* No one saw that coming, except maybe everyone. But don't you worry, my favorite cat and country hybrid has an important role to play. Just watch.

Ësgöge'ae' comrades!
~Galaxy