Technical Date

Narrator's POV

Saying Russia was nervous would have been an understatement.

"Польша сказала что надо носить что нибудь красивое (Poland said to wear something nice)," Russia said out loud to himself as he looked in his closet for a nice shirt or sweater. What would be considered nice? Nice like a shirt without profanity, or a shirt that seems professional?

Was it a different kind of nice?

Can't he just wear his Adidas tracksuit?

He looked at the top half of the mentioned outfit and thought about it. It seems nice to him. It was supposed to be a chilly night, he wouldn't be dying of heat in it either.

Russia turned his back to the closet and walked over to his dresser to find the pants to it, which he found easily. He was about to grab them when he heard a noise behind him. Quickly, he turned his head and saw that a shirt with its hanger had fallen on the floor.

Confused, he went to go put it back and get his sweater out but as he held the shirt in one hand and tried to find the sweater with the other he became confused. Where the hell did it go? The sweater he was going to wear, it was just in front of him what the hell. Where could it have gone?

"Hmm," Russia hummed to himself, spinning in a circle to see if he dropped it somewhere and didn't see it. It seemed to have grown legs and walked away.

Confused, he looked down at the shirt he had in his hand. It was a black long sleeve shirt, one that he knew he bought with a dark-colored infinity scarf. He thought about it and tried to piece together something with it. Maybe his tracksuit pants could go with it.

He turned back to his dresser to grab the pants but paused once he got close. Confused once more, he set down his shirt and dug in the drawer for the pants he wanted. They weren't there, what the hell? He had just seen them, hadn't he?

Giving up slightly, he grabbed a pair of ripped jeans instead and decided that maybe this was better than a tracksuit after all. It seemed nice. He'd just have to check his eyesight, maybe he's going blind or something.

"Ооо, посмотри, какой ты красивый на своем первом свидании, (Ohhh, look at you looking so handsome on your first date)," Belarus clapped her hands excitedly when she saw Russia coming down the steps. She was also relieved he didn't wear anything weird, or she would have sent him right back to get a different outfit.

"Сур'ёзна? Вы збіраецеся з гэтым?(Seriously? You are going with that?)" Kaz teased, poking his head out from the kitchen entrance. Russia gave him a look and received one back. Thankfully, a hand hit Kaz upside the back of the head and Armenia came from the kitchen, obviously being the one who hit him.

"Մետացում եմ, որ Ռուսաստանը էսկան լավ շուտվանիծ չի եղել. (I think this is the nicest Russia has looked in a long time.)"

What was supposed to be a compliment, still managed to sound like an insult. Russia still just ruffled Armenia's hair, who quickly tried to fix it, and said his thanks.

"Извините, что разочаровал вас троих, но это не свидание, (Sorry to disappoint you three, but this isn't a date, )" Russia walked past them to get a thin jacket that wouldn't look bad with what he was wearing. Usually, he didn't give a shit about what he wore, he actually only got the shirt with the scarf cause he needed a new shirt and it was the first one he saw that wasn't too expensive.

"Ну, технически это свидание (Well, it's technically a date)," Belarus pointed out. "Ужин вместе, плюс кино. И ты действительно так нарядилась для него. (Dinner together, a movie. And you did get all dressed up for him.)"