Drunk Love

Narrator's POV:

Is there anyone else who can best Russia in a gay panic contest?

Currently, no.

"You what!"

Russia winced when Poland's voice had yelled at him over the phone. After their "not date" Russia had immediately phoned Poland in hopes that he could help him, and maybe spare some sympathy over what had happened. I mean, he panicked and Poland was always understanding, of course, he would be caring and sincere.

He was wrong.

"Oh, God, you are just like Germany!"

"Vy? Vat did he do?" The German's voice came from the other end, as faint as it was Russia could still make out what he said in his heavy accent.

"He fucking hugged America instead of kissing him! Like what you did on our first date!"

"Yeah, zat's ein me halright."

"Okay okay, " Russia interrupted the two talking about his recent failure. "I messed up, but I panicked! I've never kissed anyone beforrre, much less a guy. What if I messed it up somehow?"

"You already did."

Poland 3, Russia 0.

Unamused, Russia sighed and fell backward onto his bed. He didn't feel like arguing, Ukraine had taken that out of him. She was getting more on his nerves lately. Things she was telling him didn't have a correlating timeline. Leaving to go on a date with Canada but then America saying that he was at home with him playing video games the same night. It would've just been a small curious moment if that were the only inconsistencies.

Why would she be lying about seeing Canada? Does Canada know what she's doing? What is she doing?

"Ruzia, I could tell America vu like him but are chust too nerffous to do hanything."

"Zanks, Gerrrmany, " Russia rubbed his eyes and sat back up, readjusting his thought process. "But, I'll have to decline. Zese arrre my emotions, my prrroblems. I should be the one to handle zis."

"It's okay to ask for help, " Poland reminded him, his voice changing to be more soft and caring. Russia noted that he was using his therapy voice on him, but despite knowing the little tricks Poland knows to calm someone down and open them up, Russia still fell for them. Happily, of course now. This is honestly the first time he's opened himself up to someone else in a long time. Even this was scary.

"If you need advice we can give you some."

Russia smiled and looked down at his feet. "I know, but it seems like when you do I forrrget everrrything you told me."

He wasn't wrong, they both knew it.

"Maybe, " Russia tapped his foot a little thinking about his problem and a possible solution. "Maybe you kan somehow be zerrre to valk me thrrrough it?"

"Russia, no, you can do this. Maybe don't run away if he tries to kiss you, " Poland teased and Russia rolled his eyes. He didn't run away, he just. . . yeah he ran away.

As Poland continued telling Russia things he could do to help calm himself down In the moment, Russia started getting ready for bed. He took his ushanka off and stripped himself down to his boxers before climbing under the covers.

"I guess, I kan trrry and do zat. I mean, I don't zink anything besides a kiss vould happen, " Russia reminded Poland, knowing very well he would try and suggest some more forward actions.

"Okay, okay, " Poland hummed and some shuffling noises came from the line. Russia watched his phone screen as if he were watching Poland move his phone, but was in actuality looking at the contact photo.