Maddy

Buttoning up my shirt, I patted down my hair. Smiling emptily at my greasy mirror, I picked up my falling apart bag and trudged down the stairs. I flinched as I went past my dog, quickly hurrying to the door. I swung my bag onto my back and unlocked the door before swinging it open.

Just as I was about to leave I smiled and turned back to the house.
"Bye Mum!" I shouted, hoping she could hear me. I turned around on my heel.

"Maddy?" Mum replied.

I groaned, I cannot be late today. We've just come back from our Easter holidays. And I was not prepared for a detention on my first day back. I span around and leant on the door, before it pushed open more, I stumbled glaring intensely at the door before leaning on the door frame.

"Maddy!" She said again, a bit louder this time.

"Yes?" I answered, glancing at my watch. I could still make it to school on time,

"Have you got all your stuff?" She questioned, popping her head around the corner of the hall.

I rolled my eyes at her and smiled. "Yes Mum"

"Are you sure?" She said dragging out the sure.

"Yes!" I was getting agitated now, I might be late if she carries on talking to me. I thought.

"Check!" She demanded.

I sighed "Mum I'm going to be late" she just gave me one of those 'Mum' looks. I rolled my eyes and took my bag off my back. I opened it. "See. I have everything; pencil case, books, spare coat... Dictionary?" I pause and looked up "Did you put the dictionary in here" she nodded. "See, I have everything. More than everything actually."

I managed to make it about halfway down the over grown with weeds path before she shouted out "So why do I have your tie?" She laughed.

"Shit!" I hollered before bolting inside, looking around frantically.

"Maddy" she warned "don't use that language."

I rolled my eyes "Trust me Mum, it's worse at school." I frowned "Where's my tie?"

"Dining room!" She sang out.

Groaning I checked my watch, I might just make it. If I sprinted to school. I ran as fast as I could to the dining room. Cringing as I walked past the room my dog was locked in.

I entered the dining room, seeing my tie hanging from a chair. Swinging. Swinging back and forth, back and forth. I felt my eyes narrow and claws start to come out. Great, I changed half way. I leapt at the tie, hissing, before batting it. I felt it latch onto one of my claws I managed to rip the tie off the chair and held it in my claws, kicking it with my feet. Suddenly, it shot off and under the table. Grinning I leapt under and carried on hitting it.
I heard a slight muffled sound but I carried on batting the tie.

"Oh Mike... Just give a while for the streets to clear, it's unfair on Maddy!"

I ignored all sounds and kept on batting.

"But Sammie, cheating on your husband is unfair on them, anyway, we still have the house to ourselves."

I ignored them and carried on batting.

By the time I think I killed the ferocious tie I stepped out from underneath the table.

And the lying on the table was my mum and my Doctor! Dr Clarke! Kissing, I'm pretty sure this isn't just a normal check up...

"Muuummmmm..... where's dad!?"

Mum looked at the Doc and he nodded at her.

"Maddy."

I nodded

"Shouldn't you be in school?"

I came back with a quick comeback,

"Shouldn't you stick to your wedding vows?"

Mum glared at me.

"MADDY! SCHOOL NOW!"

I sighed and tied my battered tie around my neck and headed out to school, thinking of what my ill tempered dad would say to this...
I cursed. Dammit, I was going to be late, I sprinted all the way to school.
.•* To Be Continued...*•.