Chapter 15

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is August 15, 2020. I finished my first week of school yesterday. I may or may not commit arson. So yay! So, as the last chapter clearly stated, IT IS KICKING OFF. IT. IS. HAPPENING. If you like Marvel or Star Wars, be sure to check out my other works. I love you with all my person. Enjoy!

Billy storms off to his Camaro, expecting to see Y/n waiting for him, like she usually does. Before he can look for her, the bell rings, signalling the end of lunch and beginning of the shirts vs. skins basketball game. 

Heading into the locker room, he strips off his shirt and changes into his gym shorts and shoes. 

Steve comes out behind him, bumping his shoulder and jogging right past. Although Billy hardly expected her to show up, he spots Y/n sitting in the bleachers, watching him. 

She gives him a small smile and mouths "Good luck". Billy smiles at her and winks, making the other girls in the room swoon. He catches her eyeing his bare chest. 

Billy also notices she flashes Steve a thumbs up. 

Coach blows the whistle. Steve dribbles the ball and fakes some of the other players out. He attempts to run to the hoop, but Billy blocks him. Steve automatically turns, guarding and dribbling the ball.

Billy doesn't make any moves, but just pushes up against him rhythmically.

"You think you can throw me off my game? Huh?" Billy growls in his ear. "You can't steal her away. You can try, and I'm sure you will, but you can't." He pushes Steve to the ground, grabbing the ball and scoring a point. 

Y/n stands up in the bleachers and cheers, whooping and hollering loudly. "It's okay, Steve! Just get back up!" She yells, as well. He flashes her a grateful smile. 

Nancy runs in. "Steve!" She calls. He rolls his eyes and calls for a quick recess.

When he comes back, he is clearly pissed.

Coach blows the whistle again.

Billy dunks again.

And again.

Under the leg.

With a spin.

Knocking over Steve again. He goes over to him, holding out his hand. When Steve takes it, Billy leans down to him. 

"You were off balance. You need to center your feet more." He then slams Steve back down again. 

Y/n runs down from the bleachers. 

He looks up at her. She pulls him up and into a big hug. "You are a massive butthole, but I love you. We should get together later and talk. I also want to know what Nancy wanted. Call me."

Running after Billy, she gives him a kiss on the cheek. 

"Billy!" Y/n calls out. 

He spins around, initially excited to see her, but then he remembers what Steve told him earlier. His face hardens immidiately.

She runs up to him but backs away at the sight of his stern expression. "Hi."

He looks down at her. "We need to talk."

She looks taken aback. "Um. Ok, sure. Meet me when your ready? I'll be at your car."

He nods and goes into the locker room, abruptly ending the pathetic excuse of a conversation. Scoffing, she heads out towards his car. 

\--/

Steve runs his hands through his hair, cleaning all the sweat off him. Billy is beside him. He's been ridiculing him and his relationships between Y/n and Nancy, as well as the fact that he isn't the King of Hawkins High anymore. 

"Hey, you know what? You aren't going to be with Y/n and you aren't going to be with Nancy!"

Steve lets out a low growl, but says nothing.

"Don't take it too hard, man. Pretty boy like you has nothign to worry about." He leans in. "Plenty of bitches in the sea."

\--/

Y/n and Billy climb into the car. "Do you want to go to the tree?" Y/n asks.

Billy nods and says nothing. He pulls out of the parking lot and catches Steve's eye. Knowing that this conversation isn't going to hold anything good she shoots him a death glare. 

Driving down the road, Y/n finally speaks up. "This is awkward. Why is this so awkward? We've never been awkward before."

Billy glances at her. "Because you haven't been truthful."

"What?"