Chapter 27

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is September 20, 2020. This book is coming to a close very soon, but the next book should be up very soon. also THE WANDAVISION OFFICIAL TRAILER DROPPED GO WATCH IT AT THE LINK ABOVE!! If you like Marvel or Star Wars, be sure to check out my other works. I love you with all my person. Enjoy!

Everyone immediately drops their weapons at the sight of Eleven. Her eyes survey the group, until they fall on Mike. 

"Eleven," he whispers.

"Mike."

They rush towards each other and hug tightly. They're totally in love.

"Is that..." Max trails off as Dustin and Lucas smile brightly at El. 

"I never gave up on you!" Mike begins. "I called you every night for-"

"353 days," El cuts him off. "I heard."

His face falls. "Why didn't you tell me? That you were okay?"

Hopper steps forward. "Because I wouldn't let her."

Y/n lets out a little gasp. 

"The hell is this?" Hopper motions to Eleven's outfit. "Where have you been?" He sounds angry, but pulls her into a tight hug. She eagerly embraces him back. 

"You've been hiding her," Mike breathes. "You've been hiding her this whole time!" He angrily charges at him.

"Hey! Let's talk."

Hopper drags the hormonal teen into a serpate room. Angry yelling is heard. Dustin and Lucas step forward, both collectively hugging her. 

"We missed you," Lucas says.

"I missed you, too," she responds.

"We talked about you pretty much every day," Dustin adds with a smile.

"Teeth," Eleven says in her usual monotone.

"What?"

"You have teeth," she says, pulling up his lip to reveal his new teeth.

"Oh, you like these pearls?" He smirks and makes his odd purring noise. 

Lucas just shakes his head. Max steps forward and holds out her hand. "Hey. Um, I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you."

Eleven glares at her and shoves past her coldly, heading straight into Y/n's arms. She wraps the small girl in her embrace. "Hey, sweetie. Oh, I'm so glad you're okay. It's so good to see you. Cool look, by the way. I like it better than Nancy's old dress and blonde wig."

Steve observes the two of them with a small smile.

"Can I see him?" El asks. 

Y/n leads him into Will's room where he lies unconcious. "He's not doing well."

"I know," she says, looking upon Will's face. "I saw."

"What else did you see?" Joyce asks from the doorway. 

\--/

"You opened this gate before, right?" Joyce asks at the kitchen table in front of the group. She holds out the morse code paper in front of El.

"Yes."

"Do you think if we got you back there, that you could close it?"

\--/

"It's not like it was before. It's grown," Hopper says. "A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there . The place is crawling with those dogs."

"Demo-dogs," Dustin interuppts.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass..." Dustin trails off.

"How is this important right now?!" Hopper asks, bewildered.

"It's not. I'm sorry," Dustin says, looking down and stepping back. Y/n snickers lightly.

"I can do it," Eleven speaks up.

"You're not hearing me," Hopper groans.

"I'm hearing you. I can do it."

"Even if El can, there's still another problem," Mike pipes up. "If the brain dies, the body dies."

"I thought that was the whole point," Steve interjects. 

"It is, but if we're really right about this... I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army..."

"Will's a part of that army," Lucas breathes.

Mike nods. "Closing the gate will kill him."

Y/n eyes go glossy as a memory flashes before her eyes. 

"He likes it cold," Will says from the doorway.

"He likes it cold," Y/n repeats. 

"What?" Steve asks.

"It's what Will kept saying to me. He likes it cold. We keep giving it what it wants. If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then... Then we need to make the host uninhabitable."

So if he likes it cold," Nancy starts. "We need to burn it out of him."

"We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time," Jonathan says.

"Yeah, somewhere far away," Mike adds.

Hopper's face reflects a lightbulb idea.

\--/

Everyone busily rushes about, breaking into groups and organizing a team plan. Will is loaded into a car and Hopper gives instructions to Jonathan on where they need to go to perform the exorsicm. 

Steve and Nancy grab a second alone, with Y/n surveying them closely. 

"I may be a pretty bad boyfriend, but turns out I'm actually a pretty damn good babysitter," Steve says.

Y/n smirks smugly at Steve's comment. He really is good with kids, she thinks. The way he so ferociously cares and protects them is so adorable and admirable. 

She shakes her head. Jeez. Don't know what that was about.

She walks up to Joyce. "Mom."

"Yes, sweetie?"

"I need to stay here. I- I know that Will will be okay with you guys, but I'm so worried about the other kids. It's not that I don't trust Steve, but what if those Demo-Dogs come after them?? Steve can't protect all of them and himself with just his bat. I hope that that makes sense," Y/n pleads with tears in her eyes. 

Joyce sucks in her teeth and nods. "I had a feeling you might be asking me that. I understand. It's okay. You feel the need to protect them. Just take the guns and be safe. Please. I know what it's like to lose 1 kid, I don't need to feel that for you, too."