Chapter 29

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is September 21, 2020. I hope that you all are doing well and heavily anticipating the release of Fued, Book 2. I genuinely just need to get into this chapter because Billy and Steve are about to have it out!! Enjoy!

Y/n and the kids peek over the window. Steve swats at them to get down. Max starts wheezing. "It's my brother. He can't know I'm here, he'll kill me." She looks at Y/n. "He'll kill us."

"I can promise you he won't," she says, ruffling Max's hair. "I won't let him," she mutters. 

Steve opens the door and steps out. Billy does the same. "Am I dreaming, or is that you, Harrington?" Billy hollers.

Steve rolls his eyes. "Yeah, it's me. Don't cream your pants."

Billy slams the car door. "What are you doing here, amigo?"

Steve descends the steps. "I could ask you the same thing. Amigo."

"Looking for my girlfriend. And my step-sister. A little birdie told me she was here," Billy sneers.

"Huh, that's weird. I don't know her."

"You don't know the step-sister or my girlfriend? My girlfriend: h/c hair, sparkling e/c eyes, s/t complexion? As for Max, small? Redhead? Bit of a bitch."

Max scoffs from the window.

"Doesn't ring a bell. Sorry, buddy."

Billy sighs and clicks his tongue.  "You know, I don't know, this... This whole
situation, Harrington, I don't know. It's giving me the heebie-jeebies."

"Oh, yeah? Why's that?"

My 13-year-old sister and girlfriend go missing all day. And then I find them with you in a Y/n's house. And you lie to me about it."

Steve chuckles wryly. "Man, were you dropped too much as a child, or what? I don't know what you don't understand about what I just said. They're not here."

Billy sighs and flicks his cigarette. "Then who is that?" He points at the window where everyone is watching. The kids immediately duck down. Billy charges forward and slams Steve to the ground.

"Stay in here," Y/n warns, snapping to her feet and stepping outside in front of Billy.

Billy tenses at the sight of her and resists the urge to run over there and hold her. "Don't hurt him."

He scoffs coldly. "So now you're protecting him?"

Her eyes widen. "He's my best friend. Sorry I haven't been able to talk to you. I've been a bit busy."

"Kidnapping my sister and boarding her up in your house with that kid?"

She glares at him. "Billy," she warns, her voice dangerously low.. "You don't know what I've been through today."

Billy softens slightly. "I know this looks sketchy, but you need to trust me when I say she's safe."

"Safe from what, Y/n? Will somebody tell me what the heck is going on?!"

"I CAN'T TELL YOU!" She yells. "I cannot put any more people at risk. I already watched my dad get eaten alive in front of me, I can't put you in danger, too!"

The kids and Steve collectively groan at her blurb. Billy's eyes widen. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means you need to leave. Now."

"Why are you pushing me away?! I'm just trying to be a good boyfriend and be here for you, but you won't let me!"

"I'm protecting you!"

"Yeah, right." He shoves past her and barges into the house, where the kids shoot to their feet. "Well, well, well, Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise." He turns to Max. "I thought I told you to stay away from him, Max."

"Billy, go away."

"You disobeyed me," he continues. "And you know what happens when you disobey me."

"Billy..." Y/n warns, reaching out to him. 

"I break things." He grabs Lucas by the collar and slams him against the wall. 

Y/n screams. "Billy! Stop! Billy! Stop!"

"Get off of me, you..." Lucas warns, trying to keep his composure. 

"Since Maxine won't listen to me, maybe you will. You stay away from her. Stay away from her! You hear me?"

"I said get off me!" Lucas yells, kicking him in the nuts, causing Billy to double over. 

"So dead, Sinclair! You're dead," he yells.

Steve comes up from behind him. "No. You are." He punches Billy square in the jaw. 

"Steve!" Y/n screams.

Billy laughs maniaclly. "Looks like you got some fire in you after all, huh? I've been waiting to
meet this King Steve everybody's been telling me so much about. Finally, I get to put you in your place. Away from my girlfriend."

"Get out," Steve scoffs, punching him again.

The kids cheer him on as Steve and Billy spar back and forth.

"Billy! Steve! Stop it!" She pulls Steve back away from Billy, but catches a plate that Billy had meant to hit Steve. It shatters against her head, shards cutting her. Blood drips from her crown, eyebrow, and lip, trickling into her mouth and eye.

"Damn it! Y/n..." Billy says, reaching out to her. She looks him straight in the eye and punches him in the nose with all of her power. He staggers backwards and reaches out to catch her as she falls and blacks out. She fades in and out. 

Billy gets on top of Steve and begins punching him.

Left and right. Left and right.

Blood is all over the floor. Who's is it?

The kids scream at Billy. "You're going to kill him!"

Steve slips into unconsciousness.

Will's tranquilizer bottle comes into view. Y/n slowly gets to her feet and grabs the needle. With a deep breath she plunges it into his neck.

"The hell is this?" He reaches for the needle and looks at her. 

"Y/n, what did you do? What did you do?"

"Shit," Mike swears under his breath. 

Y/n lets out a cry, tears streaming and mixing with the blood on her face. She grabs Steve's bat and hovers above Billy.

"From here on out, you leave the kids and Steve alone. Do you understand?"

"Traitor," he mutters.

Y/n lets out a yell and drives the bat right between his legs, unable to stop the sobs and cries from escaping her mouth. 

"Say you understand! Say it! Say it!"

"I understand."

"What?"

"I understand."

"You'll be lucky if you can fix this broken relationship when you wake up," she says before collectively falling to the floor and blacking out.

I SOBBED WHILE WRITING THIS THE EMOTIONS ARE HIGH