Chapter 26

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is STILL SEPTEMBER 16, 2020!! 3 UPDATES IN ONE DAY?? THIS IS CRAZY

"Me too, Joyce, okay?" Hopper says. "But how do we do that? We don't exactly know what we're dealing with here."

"No. But he does." Y/n motions to Will's room. "If anyone knows how to destroy this thing, it's Will. He's connected to it. He'll know its weakness."

"I thought we couldn't trust him anymore," Max asks. "That he's a spy for the mind flayer now."

"Yeah, but he can't spy if he doesn't know where he is," Mike says. 

Y/n's eyes widen with an idea. She leads everyone into the backyard and shows them their large shed. "Yeah. This'll work," Hopper says smugly.

Together, everyone works together to cover up the walls with trash. They empty garbage cans and scrounge for paper and cardboard, then work to staple and tape every last inch of the shed. 

Nancy and Steve headout back to scrounge through the trash some more. "Hey," she starts. "What you did, um, helping the kids... that was... really cool."

"Yeah. Those little shits are real trouble, you know?" He laughs dryly.

"Believe me, I know," she replies. They head back in the shed, where Y/n is wrapping a post with Christmas wrapping paper. 

She shoots Nancy a death glare, who surprisingly doesn't shoot one back. After everything is in order and ready, everyone except Joyce, Mike, Jonathan, and Hopper go back into the house. Y/n scoops Will up and takes him outside. 

There, they tie his arms and legs down. He's unpredictable, so it's safe. 

"We ready?" Hopper asks.

The people in the shed nod collectively. Hopper pours a little bleach and puts it under Will's nose. He jolts up and gasps. 

"Where am I?" Is the first thing he asks. 

"Hi, sweetie," Joyce begins, ignoring his question. 

"Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up? Let me go! Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!" He screams at the top of his lungs. 

Y/n grimaces and leans over to Jonathan. "I can't watch this. Come get me when you're ready." He nods and kisses her cheeks. 

She slinks out the door, keeping it shut and obscured from Will's vision as much as possible. 

Y/n blinks away tears as she hears him screaming from the shed. She bolts into the house and finds Steve, who is practicing swinging his bat. "I can't listen to him scream. I can't."

He drops the bat and hugs her, placing his chin atop her head. They sit down together. Y/n looks up at his hair and gives him a watery smile, running her fingers through it. 

"So sexy, Harrington."

"Hey, you have a boyfriend, princess," he shoots back, shaking a finger at her. "Although I can easily arrange for that to be changed if you'd like." Steve shoots her a wink. 

"Shut up, you oaf," she mutters, collapsing on his chest and snuggling up to him. A content smile twitches on her lips.

Steve smiles to himself, happy with the possibilty he could sway her away from Billy.

Nancy leans against the doorway and looks at the pair. "You guys look really cute together. I'm glad you decided to start dating."

Y/n's eyes flutter open. "He's not my boyfriend, Nancy. I'm dating Billy."

She opens her mouth in shock. "Oh, really? Wow, I-. Huh, I thought you two were-".

"Yeah, I, unlike you, can be friends with male specimens without sneaking away for 3 days and definitely boning each other," Y/n shoots sourly.

Nancy's eyes widen. "We didn't-"

Y/n waves her off. "Yeah, yeah, of course you didn't. Just like you didn't not tell Steve that you loved him."

The hurt in her eyes is evident and Y/n feels guilt creeping in, which she pushes away. She hurt her best friend deeply. 

Y/n closes her eyes and snuggles closer, until Jonathan is shaking her awake. "We need you."

\--/

Y/n stands beside Hopper as Mike talks to Will. She observes the tapping sequences they told her about. They exchange glances that say the same thing. 

Morse Code. 

"What happened?" Dustin asks.

"I think he's talking, just not with words," Y/n replies.

"What is that?" Steve asks as Y/n draws out a number of dots and dashes on a piece of paper. 

"Morse code," the boys from the Party collectively say.

"'Here.' Will's still in there. He's talking to us," Y/n says. 

She heads back into the shed. "Hi, bud. I want to talk to you. Do you remember when I took you to an amusement park for the first time? You ate so many hot dogs and cotton candy, I was worried you would puke. But you rode those roller coasters like a champ and wasn't scared at all. You beat me at every game and sprayed me with water. That day was so fun. I just," she sucks at her teeth, "I love you. Ok? I love you so much."

Other people begin switching in and out of telling him stories, and he feeds letters back to the Party inside the house. 

Y/n is helping them transcribe when suddenly, the phone rings. "Shit," she mutters before hanging up. Not 3 seconds later, the phone rings again. Nancy comes up and tears it out of the wall, throwing it down.

"You think he heard?" Max asks. 

"It's just a phone," Dustin replies. "It could be anywhere, right?"

Everyone nods, until they hear a distinct screeching. The back door bursts open and the people in the shed come bursting in, an unconcious Will in tow. 

"They're coming!" Jonathan exclaims. 

"Come on. We gotta go," Hopper says. "Hey, get away from the windows!" He yells at the kids. 

He pulls out a shotgun and a hand gun. "Does anybody know how to use these?"

Nancy and Y/n exchange glances and grab the firearms, shotgun with Y/n and hand gun with Nancy. 

They cock it and form a protective circle around the rest of the unarmed group. Steve looks on in awe. 

"Where are they?" Max whimpers. 

The shattering of glass echoes throughout the home as a limp Demo-Dog is launched through the window. Everyone yelps and moves away from it, although it appears dead. Y/n prods it with the tip of her gun. No response. "Holy shit," Dustin breathes. 

The locks begins jangling and everyone whips around, aiming their weapons at the door. The lock falls from it's place and the door swings open to reveal a punk/ gothic Eleven, blood trickling from her nose.

AH OK THATS IT FOR THE DAY SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW