Chapter 30

A/n: Hello everyone! Today is September 22, 2020. I cannot believe that we've come this far. I started this in May. 30 chapters and roughly 4 months later, we're ending it! Don't worry, there should be about 2 or maybe 3 more chapters after this. I just feel like 30 chapters is monumental. I love all of you. A lot. Never forget that. Enjoy!

Y/n's eyes flutter open. Fuzzy shapes come into view as her body gently jolts around. Cold sensations tingle through her head. "Dustin?" She asks as the curly haired boy forms. 

"Yeah, yeah it's me. You're ok. You are such a badass. Way new level of respect for you," he says softly.

"What happened?" She says, struggling to get up. 

He sucks his teeth. "Well, Billy kind of smashed a plate over your head so you drugged him, threatened to cut off his balls, then broke up with him."

The memories back Y/n like a hangover. She groans and lays back. "Steve," she whispers. 

Y/n reaches out to touch his limp hand. He begins to stir too. "Nancy?" He asks. 

"Dipwad," Y/n mutters. 

He chuckles slowly, then groans and winces. His face is cut up horribly, but the kids attempted to patch it up somewhat. Dustin shushes him.

"It's okay. It's okay. He kicked your ass, but you put up a fight. You're okay."

Lucas's voice rings out from the front passanger seat. "Okay, you're gonna keep straight for a half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai."

"What's going on?" Y/n asks, before perking up and spotting Max in the front seat. Y/n realizes where she is. "Oh, my God! Why are we in Billy's car?!"

"Just relax. She's driven before," Lucas says.

"Yeah, in a parking lot," Steve scoffs. 

"That counts. They were going to leave you guys behind," he confesses.

"Oh, my God," Y/n groans.

"I promised that you'd be cool, okay?" 

The car begins speeding up. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. What's going on?" Steve stammers. "Oh, my God. No! Whoa! Stop the car. Slow down."

"I told you he'd freak out," Lucas whines.

"Stop the car!" Y/n yells. 

"Everybody shut up! I'm trying to focus!" Max yells back. 

"Oh, wait, that's Mount Sinai. Make a left," Lucas says casually.

"What?" Max asks. 

"Make a left."

The car swerves wildly. Y/n is flung on top of Steve, who she clings to for dear life. "Holy shit!"

Max smoothly parks the car right beside the ditch in the pumpkin patch. Lucas looks at her in pure awe and adoration. "Woah."

She shrugs. "I told you. Zoomer."

"Guys," Steve protests. "Oh, no. Guys. Hey, where do you think you're going?" He snaps at them. "What are you, deaf? Hello? We are not going down there right now. I made myself clear." The kids continue to suit up with goggles, bandanas, gloves, and gasoline tanks. "Hey, there's no chance we're going to that hole, all right? This ends right now!" Steve stamps his foot for good measure. 

"Steve, you're upset, I get it," Dustin begins. But the bottom line is, a party member requires assistance, and it is our duty to provide that assistance. Now, I know you promised Y/n that you would keep us safe. So, keep us safe."

Steve looks to Y/n for help, but she gives him puppy dog eyes through her scuba gear and gasoline tank. He groans and reluctantly suits up alone with everyone else. He takes a long rope and ties it to a post, throwing it down the ditch and through the hole. 

Y/n and Steve help the kids down, then lower themselves into the Upside Down. Y/n shudders. "Not this again."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's this way," Mike says, turning left. 

"You're pretty sure, or you're certain?" Dustin asks. 

"I'm 100% sure. Just follow me and you'll know."

Steve grabs Mike. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey, hey. I don't think so."

"What?" 

"Any of you little shits die down here, I'm getting the blame. Got it? From here on out, I'm leading the way. Come on, let's go." The kids stare at him. Y/n snickers. "Come on. Hey, a little hustle."

The make their way down the tunnel. After finding Hopper down here with everyone else, Y/n is terrified, so she finds Steve's hand through the dish gloves she put on and holds his hand. 

He reddens under the bandana. Everyone continues marching on through the tunnels. 

"God," Lucas retches.

"What is this place?" Max asks in bewilderment. 

"Guys, come on. Keep moving," Steve coaches.

A gross nozzle of slime catches Dustin's eyes. "What the hell?" He mutters. It rears back and spits a burning liquid at him.

He screams loudly "Shit! Help! Help! Help!"

Y/n runs over to him and wipes the liquid. "What happened?!"

"It's in my mouth! Some got on my mouth! Shit!" He coughs it all out of his system. "I'm okay," he sighs.