𝟢𝟪 | The Maid

Bella

New room? What did he mean by new room?

Mr. LaRasso left the kitchen before I could even utter a word. Marco entered as soon as Mr. LaRasso left.

"Let's go." Marco stated before leaving the kitchen too and none of them waited for my answer.

Huffing in annoyance, I followed him from behind, not because I was silently going to obey what they asked me to do but because I needed my answers.

"Why do I need a new room? I already have a good one!" I pronounced as I followed Marco towards the staircase which led us to upstairs. But so far I remembered, all the maids in this mansion had their rooms downstairs, not upstairs.

"Why are we going upstairs? There shouldn't be any maids room!" I defended myself as politely as possible because no matter what, I still worked for them as I didn't want to loose my job. I knew they would throw me out of this job without thinking twice.

"Because that's what Boss asked me to do. Show you your new room." Marco said, not even staring a glance at me as he walked forward to I didn't know where.

"But why? Why would I even need a new room?" My voice held a forced tone as I needed my question to be answered. I didn't have a good feelings about this sudden change of my room. I kept looking at his back as I followed him, trying to catch up with his large steps.

"Because that's what Boss asked-" he was going to say the same thing but I bet him to it.

"Yes your boss asked you to show me my new room. Yes I know that! But that wasn't the answer I wanted. I wanted to know why did he ask you to show me a new room? " I asked again throwing my hands in the air, still taking steps behind his frame.

"Why! Did you want him to ask someone else to show you your new room? Am I not handsome enough?" He said in a mocking tone, turning his head a little bit towards me before looking forward.

I rolled my eyes at how difficult he was.
"Mr..." I waited as I didn't know his full name.

"Marco Marcello. Nice to meet you too Bella," He introduced himself sarcastically as if he wasn't almost forcing me to my new room, his back still facing me.

Rolling my eyes again, I asked, "Mr. Marcello, would you please mind telling me why did Mr. LaRasso want me to have a new room when I already have one? Also other maids have their rooms downstairs!" I stomped my foot on the floor like a baby as we finally finished climbing up the stairs made of expensive marble stones.

"Because it's Mr. LaRasso's Mansion and his words are law." He said, dismissing me as I still kept following him through the hallway dripping with expense. My mouth shut as I looked around the unique glamorous design of each corner of the hallway and the paintings hanging on the big walls. The hallway could really be used as an exhibition!

"Done wandering around? Now close your mouth and let's go inside." He said as he finally looked at me before opening my so called new room door. I quickly shut my mouth as I realized my mouth was wide open looking at those valuable paintings and walked inside.

"Welcome to your new room!" Marco exclaimed,throwing his hands at the either side in the air. He looked more excited than me about my new room.

My wide eyes wandered around the beautifully decorated room as it was three times bigger than the previous one downstairs. I walked inside, my eyes fell on the leather queen sized bed, a big painting right above it, making the site look delicately beautiful. My eyes next caught the site of the big door as I walked towards it. Opening the door, I realized it was a walk-in closet. My eyes again wandered around the room, not making a noise as I couldn't find words to describe the heavenly beauty of it. The whole room was cream colored, spotlights at each corner. A huge window letting the sunlight come in and brighten the room,  victoria cream eyelet curtains at either side of the big window. Not ready to believe that THIS room was really mine now, I looked over at Mr. Marcello who's back was now leaning against the wall beside the door, his arms crossed against his chest as he intensely looked at my confused self.

"This- this room is mine?" I asked , circling my finger once as I pointed the whole room.

"One and only yours." He said, a small smile made its way up to his face. It was so small smile but still made him look so angelic. Maybe he should smile more often. But then again, who was I kidding? All men in this house held the same expressionless blank face 24/7 though I didn't see Mr. LaRasso with blank expression yet. Only his devilish smirk occupying my entire mind.

"But why?" I asked, hoping he would finally answer.

He rolled his eyes back before looking at me again. "You ask too many questions!" His eyebrows frowned.

"It was only one question! W.H.Y why? I still don't get it why am I shifting to a new room suddenly?" I urged as I really needed my answer.

"See! One question yet you asked it too many times!" He defended himself.

" That's because you wouldn't answer!" I defended myself too.

" Your stuff will be here soon. My job is done for now." He brought his hands up at the either side of his head in a defeated way as he ignored my question and turned around to leave the room. Rolling my eyes one more time,I turned around to let my eyes discover every single part of this enchanted room.

"By the way, you can call me Marco." My eyes stopped in the track as I turned around to see Mr. Marcello,I mean Marco standing at the doorstep before walking away,giving me a genuine smile.

____________

Wow I really updated so fast!

Do you all realise how much your opinion on my books matter to me?  You all really encourage me to write more.

Please VOTE
Please COMMENT
please FOLLOW

this would be a great help for me.