𝟣𝟥 | The Maid

Bella

"No matter what, don't come out of this room okay?" Her mother said, she was breathing heavily while trying to hide her 10 years old daughter somewhere in the unsafe house.

"But why are you going mom? Stay too please?" Her daughter begged her mother through sobs.

" I can't my love I can't-" her mother tried to say but she broke down into tears.

"Let's hide together mom please. Let's hide under the bed together okay? " The girl managed to say also trying to stay strong for her mother.

"No my love. I can't- " before her mother could complete the sentence, they both flinched hearing a loud growl from outside of the room.

Looking back at her little daughter, she tried to take in the beautiful features of her. Brown doe eyes, dark brown hair. She totally resembled her mother. She caressed her hair and pulled her closer.

"I love you Bella. You are so beautiful. Always stay strong okay?" The mother managed to say through her sobs.

" Why are you saying that mom? You will come back to me right? " The little girl looked up at her mom through tears.
"I can't sleep alone mom. I'm scared," She cried out as she wrapped her little hands around her mother's waist, burying her face in her mother's belly.

"No baby you are strong," her mother whispered. Holding her daughter's chin, she looked down into her brown doe eyes.

"Do you love me Bella?" Her mother asked.

"I love you so much mom. " The little girl said.

"Then don't come out of the room okay?" Her mother said between her sobs.

" No mom please. Please stay. I am hungry mom. You said you will make me my favourite dish," the girl insisted her mom to stay. Big tears falling down her cheeks but she cared less to wipe them away.

Her mother closed her eyes, not being able to take this anymore.

"If you love me Bella,don't go out. I'll come back okay? I will make you your favourite dish, we will eat together and we will go to super market tomorrow okay?" Her mother cried out while kissing her daughter everywhere on the face.

"Do you promise?" The little girl held out her pinky finger, waiting for her mother to hold it and promise her.

The mother stared at her little finger before engulfing the little hand in her big one and kissed her little fingers one by one. Looking back at her she noticed the big tears coming out of her daughter's doe eyes so she quickly wiped them away.

"Please mom stay with me... Let's hide together please mom please..." The little girl kept crying and begging her mother to stay as if it was prayer.

Her mother just looked at her before bringing her into a tight hug. They both cried in each other's embrace, not wanting to let go.

Pulling out, her mother wiped away her own tears before kissing her daughter's forehead and cheeks. "Always remember Bella, you are beautiful and you deserve all love and support. You are strong, confident. You are not like me." Her mother looked into her daughter's eyes.

" I want to be like you mom." The little girl cried out.

"You can't Bella. You are strong my love. I am weak. " It was like a whisper but the little girl heard it. " Now stay here okay? Don't go out!" Without waiting for any reply, her mother ran out of the room, closing the door from behind.