05

We found each other
I helped you out of a broken place
You gave me comfort
But falling for you was my mistake

I put you on top, I put you on top
I claimed you so proud and openly
And when times were rough, when times were rough
I made sure I held you close to me

I said I didn't feel nothing baby, but I lied
I almost cut a piece of myself for your life
Guess I was just another pit stop
'Til you made up your mind
You just wasted my time

song: call out my name by The Weeknd

(a/n: not meant to be played while reading)

Chapter five

Harry

I feel smothered.

The temperature roaming through my body has increased noticeably and I feel like I'm burning up. I usually sleep naked so the tight fabric of my underwear is choking on my strained cock.

The covers I'm under are heavy and warm, almost too warm. I want to move but I'm restricted and long locks of hair get in the way of my face and I realize there's someone sleeping next to me.

Oh shit, who did I hook up with this time?

Call it a coping mechanism, avoiding my problems or me being the biggest asshole in the world but it helped me numb some of the pain I had gone through. She left a void in me and I had been filling it with strangers' bodies with nameless faces but it was merely a patchwork.

It had become a routine, whenever I want to start feeling sorry for myself I get a quick fuck.

The girl moves on the bed, pushing her body on my chest and I begin removing my arm from under her head but the familiar scent of vanilla bean shampoo wafting through my nostrils makes me stiffen in place.

Zara mumbles something in her sleep and she accommodates herself to my chest, hugging my arm tightly and emptying my lungs in a loud and relief yet guilty breath. I can't believe I confused my Zee with some random hookup.

Memories from last night come crashing down in short glances up in my head. Her kissing me, both of us enjoying our time together while watching at the telly like old times, the way her goddess looking body reacts to my touch and how she took the lead and even tried to choke me as she was riding my cock to her only desire. The pillow talk right after, how she appealed to me so we could cuddle and sleep, and her adorable giggles at my silly jokes.

I smile in content for a while until the other half dawn on me as well. Her crying back at the club, me yelling at her like a goddamn asshole when she was only telling me the truth, her calling me out on my shit, me lying to her.

It was a very long night but I slept like a baby. It's been a very long time since I had a decent night's sleep and along with someone I actually care about. I move my arms around her, holding her tightly and she starts mumbling nonsense again. She sometimes does this and I used to have a couple of conversations back when we were together.

''I'm sorry.'' She babbles out and it takes me a while to notice but once I do is unmistakable. It's always a constant, she apologizes but I can never find a meaning behind it.

''What for, baby?'' I whisper softly against her hair, not wanting to break off this little spell and wake her up.

''Harry hates me.'' She starts sobbing as I feel a sharp pang on my chest, my heart feeling heavy and my stomach making a turn.