23

Chapter twenty three

Harry

''So please don't fall in love without me

''So please don't fall in love without me.''

The light melody of the piano is rumbling through the venue as Zara's soft voice finalizes the song. We barely made it to our seats and the lights of the entire stadium go dark, except for those flashlights pointing to the stage.

This is one of her most vulnerable songs and although it's considerably shorter than the rest, she told me it's hard enough to sit there for more than two minutes because she wrote it when she was in a very dark place and it's tough for her to keep on performing it but it's a challenge so she enjoys it.

As the stage is in between two big screens also focusing on her, from a distance it is better to look at them because the proximity is not ideal. Since it took us so long to make it here, we had to go through other areas of the stadium and up the steps, in order not to disrupt the control on the floor, where the rest of Zee's friends are.

It took us longer than I had anticipated to arrive and now she's on the last two songs. We managed to hear at least three more on the way here and it's pretty useless to come up all the way here to just go back in less than ten minutes but none of us wanted to disappoint Zee.

We were supposed to be here by the second half of the show but we only made it to the last quarter of it and it sucks because I was excited to see her perform. I saw her perform when I surprised her but I was so enthralled in her I barely paid attention to the actual show.

I didn't want to tell her the truth but she was right. Zayn was being a pain in the ass before we came here and was bickering about every little detail going wrong. I just wanted to leave earlier because I needed to see her.

I haven't seen her in weeks and the expectation between us has been building up, even more with what happened over these weeks.

We have been managing okay but it's no secret that we need physical reassurance from each other. I need to touch her, feel her close to me and hold her between my arms without letting her go.

Long-distance is hard but it keeps things exciting, at least for now. There's a bit of rush in the sense of our time together being separated by considerable periods of time, similar to the thrill of keeping our relationship hidden.

Of course, this isn't gonna last forever, that stardust of it all will definitely fade away as it did when we had kept our relationship on the low voluntarily, and then we were restricted.

That time will come, the one where things are not easy to manage but I literally can't do anything about it by just obsessing about it. I've been overthinking a lot lately but I realized it won't do me any good.

I can't stress myself out beforehand, even less when the woman I love is only meters away from me, doing what she loves the most in this world and enjoying herself while doing it.