13

I want to write you a song
One that's beautiful as you are sweet
With just a hint of pain
For the feeling that I get when you are gone
I want to write you a song

song: i want to write you a song by One Direction

(a/n: not meant to be played while reading)

Chapter thirteen

Zara

''Zee, don't pressure yourself.'' Avery rubs my back softly as I hide my face on the crook of my elbow in annoyment and frustration.

''I just can't seem to get it right and it's...ugh!'' I groan again and he chuckles. His laugh is enough to cheer me up but I'm quick to come back to my gloomy self.

He's been trying to help me write this goddamn song Isla had advised me to do but it's useless and the both of us have done many songs back in the past, he helps me with lyrics, melodies, and all that jazz but this is probably the hardest one we've ever had to do.

Probably because it's the hardest thing I'd ever had to write, yet.

''Your therapist said it could be a nice way to get back the control in your life and you proposed it because it's what you feel comfortable in doing.'' He says and I nod timidly.

''Yeah...''

''Then have fun with it.'' He opens both his arms, saying it like he just said the most obvious thing in the world.

''I just don't want to disappoint her and come up with a crappy song. Even though it's probably gonna be her the only one to listen it, and well you.'' He smiles at me. ''I just get all of this tense feeling, I don't want to mess up.''

''It's therapeutic, you're doing this to heal and if you're not enjoying it then don't worry. No one is pressuring you into writing and it's not like you have a deadline to meet.'' He points out and I sigh loudly. ''Remember that this is for you, no one else. Not Isla, not me, not even Harry. This is for you and you should be proud of it.'' I pout and he smiles at me.

''I'm honestly so exhausted, maybe we could wrap it up for today, yeah?'' He nods understandingly. ''Good.''

''You're forgetting you are the boss here, Zee.'' He snorts and I shrug, waving him off as I gesture with my hands.

''Yeah, I just don't want to look the part.'' I confess and he shakes his head playfully. ''You can have the rest of the day off, I don't think you'll be needed.'' He comes up to me and gives me a quick hug and a kiss on top of my head making me giggle.

''Thanks, Zee, I'll see you tomorrow. I'll go check if Lex needs something.'' I nod and he disappears walking through the door and I sigh again. Groaning to myself and landing my forehead on the table when he can't see me or hear me.

I'm stuck.

I do this for a living, I've been doing it for four years now and I can't finish a damn song?

And I don't even know why it is so hard to put it into words. Maybe it's because my head is a mess and I can't seem to gather my thoughts around but I honestly never expected it to be such a hard task.

So that's why I get frustrated. I did it months ago and everything seemed to flow around nicely, smoothly but there's one denominator I'm not having right now and that specific one is Harry.

I wrote most of the album when we were together and in some sort of way he was my muse. My inspiration and why I decided to write such love songs, some of them turned into a bittersweet goodbye after we broke up and I probably finished the entire record with three more songs after we were done.