9.

Hisoka's POV

I woke up to the sun hitting my eyes. One of the worst way to wake up. I groan, attempting to get up but I felt something heavy on my lap.
I looked down and realized Illumi was sleeping on my lap. I took the time to note how peaceful he look while asleep. I stroked his hair, trying to get him to wake up.

He did so, his eyes fluttering open.
He got up slowly, rubbing his eyes while the sun beamed down on us.
He turned his attention to me, looking a bit tired.
"What time is it?.."
I check my phone, which was almost out of juice.
"8:30. Should we get going?"
Illumi sighed, nodding.
"Its better if we get this done quick. My father hates it when I don't get his jobs done quick."

I nodded, getting up and stretching. I gave Illumi a quick good morning kiss, which seemed to fluster Illumi as his cheeks turned a bright pink.
"Should we search from high ground? I'm sure it'll make it easier."
Illumi nodded, making his way to a tree and then quickly jumping on top of it. I did so too, and soon, we were jumping from tree to tree.
————-
I was mainly following Illumi around, but looking to my left and right at times too.
As we continued our way, Illumi came to a sudden halt. I did so too, looking over Illumi's shoulder.
"What is it?~"
Illumi was quick to hush me, placing a finger over my mouth.
"I sense their aura.. down there."
He pointed to a small bump in the ground.

I huffed, crossing my arms.
"Well that wasn't very fun. I thought they would be better at hiding. I guess not."
Illumi rolled their eyes, turning on Zetsu, which I did as well.
We quietly made out way down. As I was about to dig out the hole, Illumi stopped me.
"Remember, this is technically my mission. So I should be the one to take them out."

I narrowed my eyes but decided to go along with it.
"Alright.. I'll be over there. Be quick though."
Illumi nodded, and I slowly watched him start digging down. I walked over to the shade and sat down, closing my eyes and deciding I wanted some more sleep.
————-
I woke up to someone walking towards me.
It was Illumi. Their face had a couple scratches and some parts we're bleeding, but I decided not to bring it up.
"Done already?~"
Illumi nodded, wiping some blood off of their mouth.
"It was quite easy. Though they did put up a good fight. Luckily, there was nobody else there, which made everything much better."
I smiled, getting up and smooching my now boyfriend on the lips.
A couple seconds later, I got off of him, his face filed with confusion and anger.

"What the hell was that for?!"
I licked my lips, wiping the saliva off of it.
"It was a congratulations kiss!~"
Illumi rolled his eyes and then pulled out his phone.
He dialled a number, which I guessed was his fathers
"Hello, father. Yes, job's been done. Would you like me to come back now and tell you the details?.. Alright. I'm bringing someone in too if you don't mind."

Illumi ended the call soon after.
"Come on, my father is waiting."

—————
We made it back into the Zoldyck mansion, it looked much better in the day. We walked by tons of doors, which Illumi seemed to ignore. I, on the other hand, was quite curious on what was inside the doors.
We made it back to Illumi's dad's corridors. I was planning on waiting for Illumi outside if the doors, but I guess he wanted me to come in this time.

We walked into his father's room. It felt quite gloomy and dark, which I guessed is where Illumi got some of his traits from.
Illumi bowed, quickly shoving my back so I did so too.
"Good morning, father. The target has bee eliminated. It was quite easy though they aren't as weak as they seem."
His father nodded, leaning back into his chair.
"Who is this.. clown looking man?"
I huffed to the silly name, but quickly put my smile back on.
"Hisoka Morow, sir. Its a pleasure to meet you."

Illumi's father grunted in approval.
I remember that Illumi still has to tell his family about whats going on between us, so I nudge him to remind him to tell his father so.
He seemed to realize right away, taking a deep breath. He looked his father right in the eyes and started to talk.
"Me and Hisoka.. I know what you say about friends, father. 'Assassin's don't need friends' the classic line. But, This will be quite difficult for me to say.."

Illumi linked his hand with mine, squeezing it for support. Which I silently gave.
"We are lovers."
—————

Oop
Shorty chapter ikk :(
I just started the Ant Arc and I'm kinda scared. I'm not ready lmfao

I'm also really tired today, idk why
Vote and comment if you want to.
Leave headcanons for illumi and hisoka if you have any so I can include them into the story if I like them.

Word count:
880