Oh shit

Explosion after explosion shook the dead earth. Swords made of fire cut through flesh and bone. The scent of death and copper filled the already disgusting air. Demons and Angels also fought from the sky, some crash landing on the earth, leaving a hole in its wake. The wounded were quickly taken out of the battle and into safety. They made sure not to lose a single Angel this time.

The night lasted forever as Gulf slashed Demon after Demon, making sure to kill as many as he could before going to fight the Raven.

Earlier the council came up with a plan to make sure they won this time. The three leaders would take the Raven Down. Gulf had no doubt in his mind that the three strongest Angels would not be able to take on one measly Demon.

Bright and Ohm both looked at Gulf.

It was time.

-Mew

Mew sat atop his mountain watching with bleak eyes. The Angels might actually win by tomorrow night if this kept up. He shrugged, the faster the war was over the faster he would be able to spend every day in his isolated home on Earth.

Mew suddenly felt uneasy for some reason. Was it his control again? No, Mew frowned; it couldn't be he had it tightly under wraps. Mew looked around him. Everything was the same, nothing has changed. But Mew never doubted his senses before and never in battle. If something was out of place he would instantly know.

Mew looked down to the battle again to see the three leaders nod to each other.

"Ahh...So that's it. This will be interesting after all..."

-Gulf

The three Leaders made their way up the mountain. They split up to different corners making sure to trap the Raven. The plan was simple: Strike fast. Don't let him pick up his sword.

The Raven just sat there, not one bit surprised when the Leaders suddenly appeared around him.

They rushed him. With uncanny speed, one sliced through his chest, the second his stomach, and the third his heart.

Mew grunted. His hand was only able to grab the hilt of his sword. He didn't think that they were that fast. Mew coughed blood. He was swaying, without the three swords embedded in his body he would have fallen on his face by now. His vision wavered.

The war below them slowed as they saw that the Raven had been morally injured. The Angels cheered, the Demons panicked, some retreating. Lee frowned. Did he need help?

Gulf saw the man's face pale, he didn't have long to live. One more swing to decapitate his head and the Raven would be no more. Mew dropped his sword, his body going numb.

The leaders cheered amongst themselves; they actually managed to beat down the Raven. Bright used his power to keep the Demon on his knees as they pulled out their swords to attack the body once more.

They tried to pull out the swords when something got stuck. Frowning they pulled again. The swords would not leave the man's body.

Their eyes widened when the Raven's body evaporated into black smoke leaving behind a tall silver block holding their swords instead.

The ground beneath them shook as chains suddenly burst out from the ground, engulfing them. The chains pulled them down to their knees.

The leaders cursed. Mew flew down from above, amused.

"You actually fell for it..."

Bright growled. Ohm chuckled. The chains tighten around them.

"What are you going to do with us?" Bright asked, grinding his teeth in frustration when the chains proved to hold firm.

Mew looked at them and stayed quiet. He was bored so…Mew set flames to the beginning of each chain, the flame slowly, painfully, went upward like a fuse for a bomb. The three warriors started to panic and fought harder.

"That flame is like liquid acid, it would eat at your flesh, slowly and painfully for thousands of years to come." Ohm roared, trashing in the chains. Mew smirked.

"You're the coldest son of a bitch I have ever met!" Bright growled.

"Thank you." Mew replied. The small flame finally reached them. All three held their breath. Bright was the first to feel the flame. He frowned; it warmed him, no pain. Ohm signed in relief.

"Seriously!?" Bright yelled.

"What? I was bored." Mew looked to the battle field, willing the sun to rise.

Gulf kept quiet through the whole thing. He almost had it…

Gulf burst through the chains startling Mew. Gulf took out another sword and swung. Mew, completely taken by surprise, stood there as he saw the blade coming closer.

Mew couldn't believe what he felt in that moment.

Fear of dying.

Gulf stopped inches from his face, surprising both of them. Gulf was memorized. His eyes...the walls around his heart fell for a second and it was like he was seeing the true Mew for the second time.

His heartbeat quickened, his soul recognized what his mind was shouting it was not.

The Raven, Mew, was his Mate.

Oh shit…

To be continued.