Nightmare

Mew sat down on the Hospital bed completely exhausted. Gulf had introduced him to Angel after Angel who was curious about him. Mew didn't know why they were so excited to meet him; he thought they would run away and not come to welcome him. Gulf's voice sounded guilty through the whole thing. Why?

How much longer do I have to stay with the guy? They walked into the city and the way Gulf described it was so beautiful and detailed that he could see how in the middle of the city there was a beautiful fountain with lily pads decorating the clear blue water, how nature was welcomed in the city and how it decorated each building's with vines and flowers. Mew's favorite was the Cherry Blossoms around every corner. Gulf said that this was the month for them to bloom.

Mew was a bit disturbed by how captivated he was with Gulf's voice. Like something pulled at him, leading him closer to Gulf. Mew cringed at the thought.

Gulf was currently outside while Krist checked his progress.

Krist nodded in satisfaction. "Your wing grew a little." He watched as Mew stretched his wing with little pain. Krist's attention was soon captured by the other wing. "I have never seen this kind of wing before. Usually a Demons wings are completely black."

Mew shrugged. "They weren't always like this; I had them like every other Demon but they changed one day." He admitted.

"Fascinating, I wonder why." Krist's attention went to Mew's eyes. He lifted the band aid. "The black around your eyes receded, that's a good sign. Can you open your eyes for me?"

Mew hesitated, could he trust him? Krist noticed his hesitation. "I need to see if the chemical messed with your vision or if the elixir helped heal that as well."

Gradually Mew opened his eyes to pure blinding light. "Fuck!" He quickly closed them again, they burned. His arms were in the process of scratching them when Krist stopped him.

"Don't, let it pass. Now I need you to take it easy for a few days. Any sign of tension can slow down the healing process. Do you understand?"

Mew nodded. While Krist put on fresh new band aids Mew asked. "How is it that you're not disturbed by me? I am a Demon."

Krist smiled. "You're not the first Demon I checked, there was Boun."

"Boun is here?" Mew wondered if he was with his Mate. The last time he saw them they were running toward the exit gate of Hell.

Surprised, Krist asked. "You know him?" Mew nodded, curious. "If you like I'll ask Gulf to take you over to see him."

Mew shook his head. "We weren't friends, I just heard about him." Mew didn't want to take the chance that the couple might recognize him. He needed to regain his strength and leave.

"Ah, I see then."

Gulf came in then, impatient. "Done yet?"

"Yes, he's all yours." Krist left the two alone. Gulf helped Mew up and shifted them to the Cherry Blossoms.

Mew rested against his usual spot. But with Gulf here he couldn't relax. The man always made Mew restless. "You may go now."

"I want to ask you a few questions first." Gulf also sat. Neither has been there when the night and day touched creating a new color. It was beautiful to see the light purple with the pink Cherry blossoms.

Mew frowned. "No." He didn't want anyone's company right now. Mew only had a few minutes to enjoy before Gulf had to leave for war.

"Why did you come here in the first place?" Gulf asked, ignoring him.