Ice to my Fire

In the middle of Heaven stood an office building called Sanaknan. Now this place was hell on its own. Workers rushed with issues about the apocalypses in the world, messengers were running all over the place trying to deliver messages across the universe concerning the current war. Angels worked themselves to death here.

Mountains of papers and books sometimes falling on unsuspecting victims, objects suddenly flying through the air and hitting Angels in the head, there was even a time where the stench of an office was known to knock an Angel out cold.

Angels believed the building was haunted and wanted to torture everyone in it.

In one room there was a massive table of polished wood so dark it was near black, chairs, and three Angels worrying about what the hell they were going to tell their superiors.

Gulf dropped into a chair, his head in his hands.

"Fuck man! Life must suck for you now!" Bright patted him on the back in sympathy.

"Tell me about it." Gulf groaned.

"Geez, how the hell are you going to convince the council to turn him into an Angel now? Because of him many of our Angels died." Ohm said, sitting next to Gulf.

"I know..."

"He's also the leader of Hell's army-"

"I know!"

"And he didn't give a shit about you-"

Gulf slammed his hands on the table. "I know!" Ohm tried to hide a smile but failed.

Gulf growled about to punch Ohm through multiple walls.

"Are you going to tell the council now?" Bright popped in.

Gulf groaned anew. "No…Not yet."

Bright frowned "Why not? You're going to have to anyway. Why not get it over with?"

"Didn't you hear Ohm just now? How the hell am I going to explain that the one Demon they want executed is MY MATE?"

"Hmm…You got a point there; if your Mate dies so do you."

Ohm spun in his chair. "When will you tell them then?"

Gulf didn't get a chance to respond. Tay, Win, and Off came in. The three leaders stood at attention.

Tay frowned. "Where's New?"

"He's with his friend, Fluke." Bright answered. That caught Ohm's attention. Tay scowled.

"Bring him then." Bright shrugged and left to retrieve a poor New.

"Now what happened with the Black Raven?" Off started the meeting. All three members sat down to hear the grave news.

Gulf beat Ohm to it. "He trapped us, kept us there until the war ended and he was long gone."

"How did he do that?" Win asked.

Ohm played along. "He somehow knew we were coming and planted a trap. He tied us down with chains and played a cruel joke on us." He grinned at that. "He didn't hurt us at all though." Ohm frowned recalling. "He looked like he was waiting for the sun to come up…like he was impatient for the war to be over already."

Win leaned back in his chair. "He's smarter than we gave him credit for. We will try to come up with something else in the meantime."

"So far we are winning the war but that wouldn't matter until we destroy the Raven." Tay looked at the doors, waiting for Bright to hurry.

Gulf hesitated. "What if he won't interfere with this war? What if-"

"Gulf we cannot allow him to live, he is a threat. The humans are suffering enough as it is." Usami encountered.