Two Hearts As One

Mew opened his eyes to see his river. Night had fallen. He loved this place. It was the first heaven he opened his eyes to.

One day in Hell he somehow lost control and when he opened his eyes the first thing he saw was crystal clear blue water. It was so pure with the light shining in the reflection that it stunned Mew with its beauty. It was his first time being outside of Hell and he was happy that the first thing he saw was a piece of Heaven on earth.

That was when Vi's great grandmother had found him on the ground covered in blood and badly injured. He was also grateful in finding such a kind human.

Watching the water illuminated by fireflies he wondered what Gulf was doing right now.

Gulf watched as Mew suddenly shifted beside the river. Night had fallen and Gulf traveled here and back to the house over and over wondering when Mew would return.

The River was beautiful, a waterfall could be heard close by but was hidden in the forest. What made this place so special was the fact that it was the only place surrounded by cherry blossoms. Fireflies danced around, giving the water a soft glow, the stars shone brightly above gracing this one small spot of earth as if it was meant for Mew alone.

With Mew Where it looked like part of the night sky traveled down here, with his shining stars and black night wings.

It still amazed Gulf that this was his Mate. No other Mate could compare. He was a shining emerald among dull rocks.

Gulf sucked in a breath when he finally noticed the sword he was holding tightly dripping with blood. What happened? Where did he go? His gaze studied the blood sprawled around his shirt and jeans.

Fearing something had happened Gulf went to him.

Mew tensed as he spied Gulf in the corner of his eye. Why was he here? Why now? He wasn't ready for this.

"Mew what happened?" Mew drew back.

Gulf noticed and shame washed through him. Of course Mew wouldn't want him to get close to him; Mew probably still hated him right now. Still…

"Mew why are you covered in blood?"

It was time to face him, Mew thought. He had hoped he would have time to relax but now he knew the hardest battle of his life was here. He took a deep breath and turned to him.

"I went to Hell to kill someone."

Gulf tensed. "You weren't hurt?" Gulf took a step closer, needing to check himself if he was alright or not.

Mew stepped back as Gulf advanced.

"No, I'm fine." Mew didn't move as Gulf cupped his cheeks. Mew frowned. "What do you want?"

"I want my Mate." A sharp pain lanced through Mew at that and he pushed Gulf away.

"Why!? You couldn't even stand the sight of me before, why are you acting like this now?"

Gulf looked away, ashamed. "I'm sorry Mew, for everything. I accused you wrongly."

Confused, Mew asked. "What are you talking about? You have every right to. I lied about who I was and hidden it from you."

It didn't look like Gulf heard him. "I believed you betrayed us. I believed that fucking bastard when in truth you were innocent this whole time."

What? Gulf didn't make any sense. "I was never innocent, Gulf."

"You were, this whole time Type lied about you."

Mew stiffen. He didn't want to hear the bastard's name. But something obviously happened when he was knocked out. "What happened when I collapsed on the beach?"