Losing a Mate

Mew woke up to a warm chest.

Puzzled, he tried to open his eyes to see who it was.

"Good morning." Shocked that Gulf was in bed with him, Mew kicked him off. Gulf fell with a loud thump. "What the hell?"

"What are you doing here? Why are we in the same bed?"

"You yelled out in your sleep. I came to check and saw you were going through a nightmare."

Mew tensed. "I...I didn't attack you right?"

Gulf frowned. "Does that happen often?"

Always, Mew thought surprised. That was why he bought an isolated land in the forest so that he wouldn't harm anyone while he was unconscious.

"No."

Mew had the feeling that Gulf didn't believe him but made no commitment. Mew took a much needed breath. The dreams were getting more vivid this time; he seriously thought he was back in the darkness. Mew concluded that it marked the coming days to his insanity.

Mew felt the bed dip from Gulf's weight. "Let me see your eyes." Panicked Mew moved away from him. "Easy now," He sounded like he was trying to calm a wild animal. "I only want to see if the black marks are still there." Mew hit the headboard, he was trapped. Gulf's cold hands cupped his cheeks, making Mew shudder.

Gulf removed the band aids. "They're almost gone." He signed in relief. "Can you open your eyes now?"

"No." Mew lied. The doctor he had let go because he knew Krist never went out to battle and saw him as the Raven. He wasn't sure about Gulf. "They still burn."

Mew held his breath as Gulf lightly explored his face. "So soft," Mew slapped Gulf's hands away, afraid of the sensations Gulf alone seemed to bring. "Your wings." Gulf was unfazed as he leaned closer. Gulf caressed his left wing, marveling at how silk it felt. Nothing compared.

Mew shivered. Panicked Mew fell off the edge of the bed trying to escape these feelings.

The ones he once felt so long ago.

No! Never again! Mew ignored the pain from his wings as he scooted away from Gulf.

"Suppasit! Are you alright? Geez, what the hell were you thinking? Does your wing hurt?"

Mew stood on stronger legs. Every day he could feel his strength returning.

"I'm fine. Don't touch me again." Gulf frowned at his strange behavior.

"What's up with you?"

"I don't like it when you touch me." Mew wasn't used to any of this. He wanted nothing to do with the emotional period.

Gulf smirked. "You loved it didn't you?" He teased. Mew scowled.

Gulf lifted Mew up before he could react. Making sure to be careful of the wings he laid him down on the bed.

"I said let me go!" Mew shouted. Gulf grabbed his arms and locked them over Mew's head.

Gulf's forehead met Mew's. "I've been wondering for so long now how soft those lips were, your skin, everything." A light blush decorated his cheeks which drew Gulf in. "Beautiful." He kissed the pink cheek making Mew jump.

"Why are you doing this!? You don't even know me!" Gulf cocked his head at that. He didn't know himself, he only wanted to be in his Angels' side forever. "Well?"

Mew opened his eyes a little, enough that Gulf wouldn't notice. The room was still dark so he was able to see well. It took a while until the remaining blinding light faded little by little to see Gulf gazing at him adoringly. Mew's heart speeds up.