19 | Stranger

I stare at the ceiling of my bedroom with an empty look

I stare at the ceiling of my bedroom with an empty look. It's been 15 minutes since I woke up, but my body still refuses to move. I couldn't get enough sleep last night. How could I, after what happened yesterday with Vaughn?

My mind keeps playing the same thing over and over again. How I lied about the kiss, about what I feel. How he poured his unmistakable desire toward me. How he embraced me in his arms like I was the only girl he wanted to have.

Yesterday, it's not only my body that screamed for him but also my heart. It screamed for him. It wanted him. In fact, it's the one that had been ravished by him at that moment.

I wish I wasn't falling for the most popular guy in college. But I am. As much as I want to deny it, he's the heartthrob to most of the girls in our campus who would not think any second longer if they could have him in their arms. The one whose ex-girlfriend is the role model every girl dreams of becoming like and would want to befriend with. The one who will make his significant other stand in the spotlight without even trying to. Because he's the Vaughn Cooper.

I wish the guy I would fall for the first time could be just a simple guy. One who isn't like my brother. Definitely not his best friend.

But the look on his face yesterday had me thinking the whole night about how terribly wrong I could be. That I shouldn't judge him from the outside. That I should think more about what's inside his heart -- which I haven't taken the time to really figure out. And about who he really is behind all of those exteriors.

My eyes dart on the clock on the nightstand. 7:00 AM. I still have some time before my 9 o'clock class. Sighing in desperation, I force my body to get up from the bed and shuffle over to my bathroom to get ready for college.

 Sighing in desperation, I force my body to get up from the bed and shuffle over to my bathroom to get ready for college

"I can't believe Professor Adams just threw a sudden quiz like that." Stacey's complaint is the first thing I hear once we walk out of the lecture hall. "That old man is definitely full of surprises," she grumbles.

I let out a small chuckle. "Perhaps, if you really had paid attention to his class last week, it wouldn't have been that much of a surprise. He actually gave us some hints," I say as we walk along the corridor, although a part of me agrees with what Stacey just said. That professor clearly has high expectations for his students.