22 | Possessive

"It was a wonder you two weren't fucking, with how close you were dancing," Vaughn bites out, the coldness in his voice sending chills through my body

And the menacing look in his eyes makes me cower and start to regret what I've done.

I turn to look at the man who just danced with me. He groans in pain, trying to get up with difficulty.

"But as you can see, it was just a dance," I say defiantly, matching his glare as I make my point. I'm surprised that I can still talk back to him. Girl, it might be the effect of the alcohol.

"Really?" he asks sarcastically. "Did you enjoy that dance?" His eyes feel like they are piercing through me.

"Yes, I did," I say firmly, which is almost true. Despite feeling crushed from the way he ignored me while making out with some girl, that dance was at least something that could make me let out all of my frustrations.

Besides, did he forget that he seemed to enjoy his company as well? That hot cheerleader. Perhaps, if he hadn't thrown that steamy make-out scene in my face, I wouldn't have danced with the old man.

His jaw tightens even more, and I gulp.

Warning. A very angry Vaughn is someone you wouldn't want to cross path with.

He grabs my arm and drags me away from the dance floor. I yelp, unable to let go from his grip. I have no choice but to follow him as we make our way toward the exit of the club. When I pass by the orchestra group, I notice that they are all gawking at me -- one guy even has his beer bottle stopping in mid-air before it can even get to his mouth, which hangs open.

Except for Stacey, who looks at me with a knowing smile on her face and mischief in her eyes. I shoot her a look that says 'Please, save me', but she mouthes 'Good luck' instead, winking at me.

Once we are outside the club, I feel the cold night air on my skin, the wind blowing through my hair.

"What are you doing?" I shout while he keeps dragging me, and I can see that we're walking to his car in the parking lot.

"Getting you out from that damn place," he bites out, and I wince from the harsh tone he uses when he talks to me.

Once we reach his car, he puts me into the passenger seat before he settles himself in the driver's seat.

I stare at him in disbelief. "What now? You're just going to kidnap me?" I watch as he starts the engine.

"Kidnap?" He scoffs before looking at me, his expression still showing that he's still very much angry, like he can break anything getting on his way now. "I'm fucking taking you home, Melanie."

I'm lost for words. The car pulls off from the parking lot, heading to the road.

The ride feels like torture. The air feels goddamn tense, and Vaughn looks like he's trying hard not to lose control on the road as the car speeds off. He grips the steering wheel hard that his knuckles turn white. And my fingers clutch around my seatbelt the entire time. I'm literally praying that we'll survive this ride. An accident can be another nightmare.