36. {he's back}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

july 1st
castle byers - starcourt mall

"will!" tilly was doused in rainwater, but that didn't stop her from jogging after the angry byers boy.

she watched will drop his bike and dash into castle byers. once the brunette reached the wood area, she climbed inside and saw him simply reading a comic.

"hey..." she stared at the pictures on his wall, "we're pretty cute aren't we?"

will glanced up at her and she showed him the polaroid she had jonathan took of them after the snowball.

"hmm." he mumbled before turning back to his comic, it was clear he was in a mood.

"will, you know you can talk to me?" tilly reminded him in a soft voice.

he sighed and threw the comic on the ground. tilly watched as will skimmed all around the castle, memories of his come flooding back.

will picked up a picture of the five boys and tilly in 84' as they all had their ghostbusters themed costumes on.

"stupid," he yelled before tearing it, "so stupid!"

"william!" tilly exclaimed in confusion as he began ripping off most of the things on the wall.

"stupid!" he ignored her as he picked up a bat and climbed out.

"hey!" tilly crawled out after him, "don't ignore me!"

she observed as will began beating castle byers repeatedly. she put her arm out and the bat flew into her hand.

"what are you doing?" tilly asked him while she cleaned her nostrils, "you can work this out without violence."

"stop it, matilda joane!" will snapped at her as he tugged down the entrance, "just stop!"

she gave him a bewildered look before he carried on.

"y-you always try to sugar coat things b-but you don't understand!"

"i don't understand?!" she threw the bat onto the ground, "i don't understand? you and slater were the only real friends i ever had, you are my first and only boyfriend will. you cannot complain when you have the best friends in the world. i'm freakin' lucky to be in your group."

will peeked up at her in tears as she hollered at him.

"i know you missed out on most of your childhood, but i have been trying to give it back to you! i-i've been trying and trying..."

she unexpectedly felt angry at herself for yelling at him and dropped down on the ground. hesitantly, will went over to her hunched, damp body and pulled her into a hug. once she felt she was warm and secure, he sobbed in her shoulder.